Sign in to follow this  
kelvinr

NZScenery Autogen Addon (for New Zealand)

Hi All,

I have been working on a certain project for many months now, and, well, I am closing in on finishing it. 

After some testing i'll have it available to purchase at a small cost as it compliments another product Antony Davison's New Zealand Photoreal Scenery for the entire Country (and seamless too). 

His base photoreal scenery can be found here: https://gumroad.com/antdavison

My goal has been to improve NZ scenery as a whole and so I have now found a way to do this by not only removing 99% of hand annotation but also using real world data for a more accurate display of vegetation, commercial, industrial, and residential areas.

This is truly somehing that even surprised me as I learned to figure out how to use data that was not made for this purpose in its original form, by use of geospatial techniques, I have been able to reproduce a complete vegetation and building environment for New Zealand inside FSX and Prepar3d.

I have a website which you can visit (although it is in maintenance mode at present as I am working hard to get it online). The site will give you a little more info about my product and what to expect in the addon package as well as purchase it at the very low cost of $14 NZD.

My website is www.NZScenery.co.nz

Once my website is running, you will be able to email me queries, problems, or plain old feedback. The feedback will help me improve the overall product over time.

Thanks for any interest you have in my product and your patience while I get it ready.

Regards,

NZScenery

Sounds interesting. Have you created your own autogen for this project?

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Sounds interesting. Have you created your own autogen for this project?

The autogen uses default vegetation and building textures. However, the textures have been hand picked to best represent the different vegetation types.

I will be looking into custom textures in the future though.

Even with default autogen you will notice a vast improvement due to the completeness of the autogen across the entire country as well as sitting on Ant Davison NZ photo scenery. This is a pretty unique product.

Thanks for your interest

My website is live. No orders yet but not far off.

Cheers

Kelvin

Www.nzscenery.co.nz

Hi Frans,

FTX GLOBAL and VECTOR aren't supported.

NZScenery has been designed purely around Ant Davisons NZ Photoreal as the geodata I use matches almost perfectly to it and it is global coverage. This is without needing to create separate landclass like NZ Vector Landclass has done.

Autogen cannot work solely on it's own. Autogen requires scenery bgl's to be able to place the autogen in their respective location.

NZScenery uses Ants Photoreal because it has the imagery bgls with coordinates embedded for the autogen to sit on.

However, I run ORBX NZSI and NZNI under Ant Davisons Photoreal as it places airports as well as using the 10m Mesh.