Sign in to follow this  
jt_williams

RTWR Jetliner Team Practice 3 – Sunday 7 Feb, 1900 UTC

I am flying Wingman PAKT-CYYD in PMDG 737-800, ASN Weather

`

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Wingman down safe CYYD.

Duenna not started.  Had to reload FSX just before flight and forgot to start and arm Duenna.  Not noticed until leg completed.  Flight Analysis submited.

post-116318-0-17023500-1454882887.jpg

| Windows 11 | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | i9-13900K | RTX 4090 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 | 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | 2x 2TB Samsung 990 PRO M.2 | CORSAIR AX1600i ATX Titanium | LG C2 42 Inch 4K OLED | 

26aLetj.png

Wingman down safe at CYXS.

n2yTDKolFOa1oFt3onK5SPtxFg4.jpg

Text - http://fs-duenna.com/flights/logs/n2yTDKolFOa1oFt3onK5SPtxFg4.txt
Page - http://fs-duenna.com/flights/ShowFlight.php?flight=n2yTDKolFOa1oFt3onK5SPtxFg4

Some "non-reviewable" proof that Jeff landed at CYYD. "Offsides... Defense... 10 Yard Penalty... First Down.." Coming over Eamonn, who was actually in a 777. Not a bad alias. Didn't even see Jeff's red tag until 1 mile out.. Perfect weather! 

SS_07Feb16_155732_CYYD.jpg?dl=0

Ladies and gentlemen, the tray tables must remain in the upright position. We are going ballistic.

SS_07Feb16_160139_CAX8.jpg?dl=0

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

LAnded safely at CYCG, had a flightsim crash in the 1st attempt, but 2nd attempt went off without a hitch. Pics to follow.

Qrp7QC9zlU6QdbyuxeOS6aiG2zY.jpg

http://fs-duenna.com/flights/logs/Qrp7QC9zlU6QdbyuxeOS6aiG2zY.txt

Approaching Castlegar, decided to get low and slow coming down this valley.

image9.jpg

image8.jpg

The runway is just around that corner to the right. :) 

image7.jpg

image6.jpg

There it is...

image5.jpg

Some external views. :)

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

She's coming in hot...

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

spacer.png

Ahhhh... fond memories Eamonn.

My first trip into Castlegar was  in the back of a Canadian Pacific DC-6, then later in a 737 (on a VFR day). Even on good days some of the passengers would cringe as the mountains drifted by the wingtips, popping in and out of cloud. Landing Rwy 33 is even more fun as the approach is angled to miss the ridge until short final.

If you want a real experience, think of using a Radio Range approach (spooky even in a DC-3) or later, the old 2 NDB approach - minimums were higher for the instrument approach than for VFR!

1967, as the only bilingual guy on the airport I had fun explaining to world-champion skier Jean-Claude Killy just why his pilote was not anxious to depart after the World Cup Race (even in a LR25) with wx of 800/1. "there are many mountains you cannot see that appear very suddenly at 200 Kts"... "Ahhhh, je comprend maintenant!".

"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" anon.

Member | Executive Committee

Microsoft Flight Simulator Around-the-World Race

Yeah it was fun, as part of our practice, Jeff put in some difficult airports to get into and we were doing practice in jets and since I'm the one who likes to put big planes into small airports, jeff asked me to put a 777 down into it so CHALLENGE ACCEPTED...

And as you can see, no sweat haha, although I couldn't just bomb it in there. lol

I've never been there IRL but I'd love to, looks like fun.

spacer.png