Sign in to follow this  
patrico

777ND

On my previous T7 AIRCRAFT I used to have the water set to cyan on the ND display which I found very beneficial, but since I Downloaded the PMDG FEDEX aircraft I can no longer find that option. Anyone help? 

Some PMDG liveries have aircraft options set close to the way an operator operates the aircraft. This could be the case with the FDX livery. Maybe FDX does not have that option. I am doing a Aerologic flight right now, so I can't check the PMDG FDX that I have. When I am done with Aerologic, I will load the FDX and see what I have. One thing you can do is find a T7 freighter that has that option and use the "Load Another Definition" feature as outlined in the Introductory Manual.

• Upvote 1

On my previous T7 AIRCRAFT I used to have the water set to cyan on the ND display which I found very beneficial, but since I Downloaded the PMDG FEDEX aircraft I can no longer find that option. Anyone help?

Currently, I don't see it as an option in the Manual for any T7s. Possibly you are confusing it with the NGX.

Anyone help? 

CDU > PMDG Setup > Aircraft > Equipment > Page 9: Terr. Water in Cyan > Yes

I'm guessing you were looking in Displays? Also, remember that this function only works for bodies of water at sea level.

Kyle Rodgers

CDU > PMDG Setup > Aircraft > Equipment > Page 9: Terr. Water in Cyan > Yes

I went thru equipment, displays, and even options in both the manual and aircraft FMC several times and never saw it. Couldn't have been a minute ago that I told my wife the glasses I was wearing were worth a damn.

I went thru equipment, displays, and even options in both the manual and aircraft FMC several times and never saw it. Couldn't have been a minute ago that I told my wife the glasses I was wearing were worth a damn.

Looks like it was on Page 8 in the beta version (looking at that old video I put up of it when it was in beta), but it could be on Page 9 now because we added features before RTM and in SP1d.

Kyle Rodgers

I do not know how this has happened but this is not PMDG related but the + and -keys on my two  wireless keyboards do not allow me to zoom in or out. long shot............any idea's

I do not know how this has happened but this is not PMDG related but the + and -keys on my two  wireless keyboards do not allow me to zoom in or out. long shot............any idea's

Using default ATC?

Kyle Rodgers

No Kyle, when I do use atc I use pro atc but I have used it in the past...........................why?

No Kyle, when I do use atc I use pro atc but I have used it in the past...........................why?

Having the ATC window up in FSX will occasionally kill the zoom command.

The Zoom function isn't really actually a zoom function, either, actually (surprise). The + and - keys are referenced by FSX as "increase selection" or "decrease selection." In most cases, someone has pressed a button to select something (like a key for sim rate, or something similar) and the sim still has that selection "focused." Check your commands for overlaps and remove them. You might have a key command for the plane that's overlapping a sim command that utilizes +/- for something else (stealing the focus from the zoom function).

In many other cases, this can be fixed simply by clicking on a "blank spot" in the VC (an area where there isn't a click spot), or cycling the views.

Kyle Rodgers

excellent Kyle much to my surprise the following worked

The Zoom function isn't really actually a zoom function, either, actually (surprise). The + and - keys are referenced by FSX as "increase selection" or "decrease selection." In most cases, someone has pressed a button to select something (like a key for sim rate, or something similar) and the sim still has that selection "focused." Check your commands for overlaps and remove them. You might have a key command for the plane that's overlapping a sim command that utilizes +/- for something else (stealing the focus from the zoom function).