Sign in to follow this  
joemiller

Where did my Prepar3d.cfg file go?

Since I installed P3D (A few weeks ago), I noticed I had 2 CFG files under my Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D, folder.  Today I noticed the one ending in "p3d" is gone, and I'm getting lots of lag and stutters.

So I accessed the file that reads CFG (remember the other one with the p3d suffix is no longer there), I set Affinitymask 14, went flying, came back and check the Affinitymask entry and it's- not there.

I'm confused. ( and maybe so are you). But, perhaps someone can explain what happened here and  how to get back the  "Prepar3D.p3d"

FYI: I already tried removing the current cfg file, restarted P3D, but again I only see the same old cfg. (I'm describing what one reads under "Name" when you access Windows Explorer. So, you see different columns:  Name, Date modified, Type, and Size.  

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Since I installed P3D (A few weeks ago), I noticed I had 2 CFG files under my Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D, folder.  Today I noticed the one ending in "p3d" is gone, and I'm getting lots of lag and stutters.

So I accessed the file that reads CFG (remember the other one with the p3d suffix is no longer there), I set Affinitymask 14, went flying, came back and check the Affinitymask entry and it's- not there.

I'm confused. ( and maybe so are you). But, perhaps someone can explain what happened here and  how to get back the  "Prepar3D.p3d"

FYI: I already tried removing the current cfg file, restarted P3D, but again I only see the same old cfg. (I'm describing what one reads under "Name" when you access Windows Explorer. So, you see different columns:  Name, Date modified, Type, and Size.  

I've never seen a file "Prepar3D.p3D". The CFG file is always "Prepar3D.cfg". This is so in P3D versions 2 and 3. I don't know about version 1 as I no longer have it installed.

One thing, though. The folder it is found in is

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin|Prepar3D vN

where N is 2 or 3. If you ARE still on version 1, maybe the vN part isn't there.

Maybe some other add-on made a backup copy of your CFG file, naming it with the .p3D suffix? I think there's at least on add-on which changes the AffinityMask parameter. 

Pete