Sign in to follow this  
Rhinozherous

Go for it? Your opinion

I just got this. I am more of a jet and Boeing guy and wasn't sure if I would like it. I love it! I can't wait to get some Caribbean scenery and do some island hopping.

Best of all with reasonable settings and with 40% AI traffic at an add-on airport I am flirting with 30 fps. With PMDG 737 and 777 in same scenario I am getting 11-15 fps.

I got the boxed version from a 3rd party Amazon vendor for just $38 shipped. Anyone buying a boxed version be warned... the installer on the disk is outdated. You have to go to the Majestic website and download an installer from there using your CD key.

I'm just getting back into flight simming and my first payware aircraft for P3D has been the Q400 and i must say i'm very impressed.

I was after something to get my teeth into without being overly complicated initially and it's perfect for this. They've done a beautiful job on modelling the interior and exterior and hey, wow, those engines eh? Turn up the sound and grin..... :)

I'm just getting back into flight simming and my first payware aircraft for P3D has been the Q400 and i must say i'm very impressed.

I was after something to get my teeth into without being overly complicated initially and it's perfect for this. They've done a beautiful job on modelling the interior and exterior and hey, wow, those engines eh? Turn up the sound and grin..... :)

Welcome back!

It is indeed a good feeling when you put these Pratt & Whitneys into MAX  B)

Klaus Schmitzer

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

The US Navy approach technique is to hold an absolutely fixed angle of attack all the way down finals and use small power changes to maintain glideslope and aim-point. Therefore, once established on finals, their (ideal) stable approach technique has only 1 moving part. i.e., Hold a fixed angle of attack (pitch) and use minor power changes. I have found this technique to be the basis for consistent stable approaches in the Q400.

A stable approach maximises the chance of a smooth and accurate landing.

The Q400 has a small, thin and highly loaded wing, big effective engines, high momentum and very limited pitch range in the flare.The Q400 approach path management and flare technique is 70% engine and 30% wing. No two landings are ever the same, especially with crosswinds!

This is one of the best simulations in P3d/FSX, I think because Majestic do a lot of the calculations outside the ESP code?

Regards

David