Sign in to follow this  
Denco

Realistic EZDOK effects settings with ASN?

How should an airliner behave in severe wind? Do they shake and bounce violently or do they experience only minor shakes? What about the general airline?  Can anyone lend me an advice on this topic. I would like to achieve realistic shaking effects with ezdok, but not having any real life experience I have no idea how. How should the planes behave? 

Maybe someone with real life experience has some proper profiles that is willing to share, or lend an advice?

In terms of Active Sky Next I have the enhanced turbulence turned off since it cause more issue than it brings to the table.

ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.5GHz

Corsair Vengeance Black LPX 32GB

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD

I find the most realistic settings to be max cloud and wind turbulence set to 100%, Wake turbulence set to no more then 20%, Make sure enhanced turbulence is unchecked. Turbulence effect scale set to default 70%. In EZDOK use DHM only Go into DHM mode, (right click on DHM button) A dialog box will pop up, Set the Main level knob to .25. (Lower left of dialog box)

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I find the most realistic settings to be max cloud and wind turbulence set to 100%, Wake turbulence set to no more then 20%, Make sure enhanced turbulence is unchecked. Turbulence effect scale set to default 70%. In EZDOK use DHM only Go into DHM mode, (right click on DHM button) A dialog box will pop up, Set the Main level knob to .25. (Lower left of dialog box)

So you don't use RND and CR effects?

Asus STRIX GTX 1080

So you don't use RND and CR effects?

No RND provides random effects with ASN it's unnecessary as I prefer predicted turbulence based on actual weather conditions. I fly mostly in the cockpit so no real need for CR.

Take a look at this video starting at the climb out at about 33:00. Notice the turbulence matches what's on the radar returns.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Not that I don't agree with you on that, but you do loose the shaking effect on runaway. I'm gonna ask on EZDOK forums if anyone can tell me how I can disable only in air effects.

About CR effects. I think they also give you shaking when you land so that you have some feeling on how you landed, you get more shaking on hard landing etc.

Asus STRIX GTX 1080