Sign in to follow this  
bvl

Dynamic WT-9 : Gear going up on fixed gear model

Dear Madam or Sir,

i just bought the Dynamic WT-9 Download for FS9. I installed it on Windows 7 as Administrator. I made my first flight with a fixed-gear Version. Immediately after takeoff the "gear retraction Sound" played. I looked from the outside an the gear was not retracted (of Course not, as i Flew a fixed gear model).

I approached one of my favorite Airports and the plane sinks into the ground and slides over the tarmac on ist belly, as if the gear was up. I checked this several times an can reproduce it. A perfect landing can be done, if i press the "G" key  before landing.

Thanks in advance for help

Bodo

I can reproduce that the fixed gear is indeed pseudo-retractable and a landing will be belly on the ground if it is retracted.

But it does not automatically retract for me, I have to manually do it.

Maybe you have loaded a state of a different aircraft first where the gear is retracted? I have seen with other planes that the actual retraction only happens after lifting off, so it might not be noticeable.

Or do you have some hard- or software that can retract the gear? (e.g. a panel or joystick with a gear lever)

Edit: I'm using FSX, so slightly different.

Open the aircraft.cfg file and check the first three point.x entries. Make sure the entries highlighted in red in this example are 0.0 as that will prevent the phantom gear retraction/extension:

[contact_points]
point.0 = 1,  0.90,  0.00, -4.09, 1500, 0, 0.5, 22.0, 0.25,2.5, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 0
point.1 = 1, -4.70, -4.50, -4.01, 3500, 1, 0.5,  0.0, 0.3, 2.5, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 2
point.2 = 1, -4.70,  4.50, -4.01, 3500, 2, 0.5,  0.0, 0.3, 2.5, 0.7, 0.0, 0.0, 3

• Upvote 1

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thank you for the information!

I just found: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526949.aspx#mozTocId836373

So class 1 (the first value after "=") is "wheel", and the 12th and 13th values are Extension Time and Retraction Time (0 for fixed gear).

The FSX fixed gear version has two lines with point.0, which seems wrong anyway, and only one of the values is 0.

point.1 and point.2 have other values.

point.0 is typically nose gear (could also be a tail wheel depending on the axial position)

point.1 is left main gear

point.2 is right main gear

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator