Sign in to follow this  
brynjames

Any limit to number of monitors with 2 video cards?

Modern high end video cards often have 4 video outputs (although annoyingly of up to 4 different standards!).  If a second similar (or at least not mutually hostile) video card is added would that allow, in theory, up to 8 monitors to be connected?  Assume Windows 10 and NVidia cards.

Yes, I do know that multiple windows have a way of killing flightsim frame rates, but I'd like to know if there are any fundamental hardware/software limitations.

Many thanks

Bryn

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No comments?  I'd appreciate some advice before I make an expensive mistake on an upcoming order!

Bryn

In theory you should be able to add 8 monitors. However if you plan to use it for one application, you might run in to some issues. I haven't tried it, but I don't think you can display e.g. FSX across all 8 monitors.

Again, I've never tried it so I might be way off. 

If your goal is to span your favoirite flightsim across 8 monitors, you can always use one graphic card and a couple of TrippleHead2Go.

I thought it was not possible to attach more than one TH2GO units to one graphic card.  If that is possible, I could get up to 24 monitors :) (just joking!). Maybe I am remembering an earlier restriction which no longer applies.

Bryn