Sign in to follow this  
fabs79

GNS 530: Triggering GNS events with FSUIPC offsets

Hi everyone, I hope you can help me out.

I´m trying to map the hardware buttons of the Emuteq GNS 530 to the Mindstar GNS events using FSUIPC offsets. I tried to use Keyboard mappings first but this didn`t work very well, because the GNS window has to be "in focus" for the buttons to work which is not always the case on a multi-monitor setup. So the FSUIPC method seemed more reliable. However, I´m at a loss how to make this work. I understand how to assign unused offsets to specific functions in the GNS.ini, which look like this now in my setup:

[KEYBOARD]
GPS1_COM_VOL_PRESS=FSUIPC:0x5300
GPS1_NAV_VOL_PRESS=FSUIPC:0x5301
GPS1_COM_FREQ_TOGGLE=FSUIPC:0x5302
GPS1_NAV_FREQ_TOGGLE=FSUIPC:0x5303
GPS1_LARGE_CV_INCR=FSUIPC:0x5304
GPS1_LARGE_CV_DECR=FSUIPC:0x5305
GPS1_SMALL_CV_INCR=FSUIPC:0x5306
GPS1_SMALL_CV_DECR=FSUIPC:0x5307
GPS1_SMALL_CV_PRESS=FSUIPC:0x5308
GPS1_CDI=FSUIPC:0x5309
GPS1_OBS=FSUIPC:0x530A
GPS1_MSG=FSUIPC:0x530B
GPS1_FPL=FSUIPC:0x530C
GPS1_VNAV=FSUIPC:0x530D
GPS1_PROC=FSUIPC:0x530E
GPS1_RANGE_INCR=FSUIPC:0x530F
GPS1_RANGE_DECR=FSUIPC:0x5310
GPS1_DIRECT_TO=FSUIPC:0x5311
GPS1_MENU=FSUIPC:0x5312
GPS1_CLR=FSUIPC:0x5313
GPS1_CLR_HOLD=FSUIPC:0x5314
GPS1_ENT=FSUIPC:0x5315
GPS1_LARGE_GPS_INCR=FSUIPC:0x5316
GPS1_LARGE_GPS_DECR=FSUIPC:0x5317
GPS1_SMALL_GPS_INCR=FSUIPC:0x5318
GPS1_SMALL_GPS_DECR=FSUIPC:0x5319
GPS1_SMALL_GPS_PRESS=FSUIPC:0x531A
GPS1_RAIM_PREDICTION_FAILURE_TOGGLE=
GPS1_RAIM_ACTUAL_FAILURE_TOGGLE=
GPS1_FAIL_GS_TOGGLE=
GPS1_FAIL_GS_SET=

What I don`t understand is how to trigger those offset functions within the simulator with a hardware button. According to the Mindstar guide to the gns.ini, "The GNS expects the offset to be an integer in the range of 0 to 255.  Each time the value at the specified FSUIPC offset increments, the GNS will execute the specified function"

So the correct method within the FSUIPC button assignment should be to set the hardware button to perform the FS control "Offset UByte increment" with the parameter set to 1 because this should increase the value of the offset by 1. However, when I push the button nothing happens. The only way I can trigger the event is to use "Offset Byte Set" and set the parameter to 1; this allows me to use the button a single time. But the second time I push the button, nothing happens because the Offset stays at 1 and doesn`t increase any further.

Does anyone know how to set this up correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Fabian

Hi, i think tere are various ways to achieve this, what i did is to use custom events instead of offsets.

In the configuration window or ini file type an unused event (i use 0x11068), then in fsuipc assign a "custom event" to your buton (i think its first option in drop menu) type the adress (0x11068) and test. should work.

hope helped.

Hi, i think tere are various ways to achieve this, what i did is to use custom events instead of offsets.

In the configuration window or ini file type an unused event (i use 0x11068), then in fsuipc assign a "custom event" to your buton (i think its first option in drop menu) type the adress (0x11068) and test. should work.

hope helped.

OK I´ll try this. The only thing I´m not sure about is how to know if an event is unused to avoid conflicts.

hope helped.

OK I tried this method but unfortunately the problem persists: Though I can trigger the event with the custom control set, it only works once. When I press the button a second time, nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Is there a certain parameter to set? Do I need to set a parameter if the button is released?

Sorry to bother you, but I´m really confused.

Fabian, were you able to resolve this?   From your other post in the thread linked below (which was four days after your post above) it seems that you quickly resolved this issue.  I'm having the same problem and need to do the same.  Can you please post both the data in your FSUIPC.INI and the GNS.INI.   Thanks in advance!

http://www.avsim.com/topic/450753-fsuipc-settings-for-mindstar-gns-530-in-p3d-23/

Hi Jeff,

SimSamurai I thought that must be him! The guy with all the info/drawings and so on for cockpitbuilders. I used a lot of  your info to build my own cockpit years ago.

But now it is about the fsuipc settings for the Mindstar GNS 530/540. I have been trying to get the info from Emuteq, but they don't answer my emails anymore. And my knowledge of computers is restricted so i was looking for a step by step guide or a working set of instructions.

Right now I have FSX on a Win10/64  rig and I am considering to move to P3Dv4.1 in the near future, I hope it is going to work with that version too.

In your post of Oct. 20,2016 you are asking Fabian if he has the data for Fsuipc.ini and Gns.ini. Did you get it? If so could you post the data for me?

Regards,

Hans,

the Netherlands.