Sign in to follow this  
byork

FS2Crew 777 Updated to V1.8, now attention focuses on the Reboot Update

Attention FS2Crew 737 Reboot Drivers:

I just released Version 1.8 for FS2Crew PMDG 777.

Now the path is clear for me to work on the next big Reboot 737 update.

Note: UGCX is being developed in parallel by a separate team, so work on it is unaffected.

Best,

Yahoo!  A couple questions/requests...

1.  Any chance that the mouse can be hidden whenever the FO(FS2Crew) does something with it?  I am assuming(could be wrong) that you are using some sort of mouse macro or something due to functions not being made available via the PMDG SDK or something along those lines?  Anyway, it's annoying to see the mouse hand appear and not go away without moving the mouse.  The Aerosoft Bus version doesn't seem to have this problem much(if at all).  I guess they expose more via their SDK?

2.  Better or smarter icing related procedures/actions.  I get flap movement checks, flaps left down on landing etc almost every flight despite almost never really encountering or being in icing conditions.  It may be cold enough for icing.  But, there's sometimes no moisture around for miles and we still do icing procedures.  (If we can get GSX to do the same, that would be great too.  It's just as bad)

3.  How about a smarter FO?  It would be nice that on the occasion where you forget to call for a checklist, like let's say that After Takeoff  or Descent checklist, the FO kindly reminds you or asks for it after a certain period of time so you don't completely forget.  I mean, after all, you're supposed to be in this together with your FO.  Not him waiting to catch you on something or not caring at all that you didn't ask for something.

4.  Along the lines of 'smarter', better state detection before continuing along 'the script'.  Like, for example, the flaps 15 gear down call...sometimes, the gear may already be down(trying to slow down let's say) but this call will again trigger the FO to lower them again even though they are already down.  There are other examples but I'll have to come back to this when I think of them as unfortunately I can't remember them right now.

5.  More configuration options when it comes to the voices?  Mix and match?

Anyway, just thoughts/ideas.  Of course, this is a great product and I never fly without it.  :)

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

1.  Any chance that the mouse can be hidden whenever the FO(FS2Crew) does something with it?  I am assuming(could be wrong) that you are using some sort of mouse macro or something due to functions not being made available via the PMDG SDK or something along those lines?  Anyway, it's annoying to see the mouse hand appear and not go away without moving the mouse.  The Aerosoft Bus version doesn't seem to have this problem much(if at all).  I guess they expose more via their SDK?

Not possible.  It's just the way the PMDG SDK works.

2. Icing is hard to read in FSX.  We do the best with what data is available to us... ie., ambient temp and precip state.  

Remember FSX is a desktop sim.  If you want 100 percent perfect, only way to do it would be fly the plane for real, and even in reality the pilots don't always do thing correctly  :Tounge:

There is a know bug with the after landing flow and the FO not retracting the flaps under certain conditions.  That will be fixed.

3. Other points noted, but remember the FO is just a computer.  He can't "see" what's happening the same way you can with your human eyes.

If you're calling for the Gear Down when the Gear is already done, I'll have the FO report you to the Chief Pilot at the end of the flight for the senility test  :Tounge:

That I can model :-)

4. Mix and matching voices won't happen.  It would require huge re-writes.

Cheers,

Not possible. It's just the way the PMDG SDK works.

2. Icing is hard to read in FSX. We do the best with what data is available to us... ie., ambient temp and precip state.

Remember FSX is a desktop sim. If you want 100 percent perfect, only way to do it would be fly the plane for real, and even in reality the pilots don't always do thing correctly :Tounge:

There is a know bug with the after landing flow and the FO not retracting the flaps under certain conditions. That will be fixed.

3. Other points noted, but remember the FO is just a computer. He can't "see" what's happening the same way you can with your human eyes.

If you're calling for the Gear Down when the Gear is already done, I'll have the FO report you to the Chief Pilot at the end of the flight for the senility test :Tounge:

That I can model :-)

4. Mix and matching voices won't happen. It would require huge re-writes.

Cheers,

1. Really? I wonder why they'd do that? I wonder how the virtual cdu guy does it? I'm kind of surprised that going via an sdk that the mouse comes into play at all. But I've never taken a look at PMDG's SDK.

2. I know icing in FSX/P3D sucks so that's hard when you have next to nothing to work with. I almost think in that case then it would be better without it vs almost every flight. how often in real life are flap movement checks done? Edit: I should say how often are they done in clear blue skies with no precip around for miles.

3. Sorry, I should have said I'm using button version only. So, I agree if I were using voice that for me to ask for the gear down after they are already down would be ridiculous on my part. But, for us button users, fs2crew should know the gear are down(check the state of the aircraft rather than just continue with next line in the script), and the flap 15 call should just be a flap 15 call and no gear. Didn't the old version used to do something along these lines?

That reminds me of another point that would be so so so very nice to have....as a button user, access to all SOPs.

4. :(. Kinda figured as much. I think we've talked about this in the past.

Anyway, as I re-read my answers, please don't take this as anything more than nit-picking really. It's a great product and like I said before, I really can't fly any plane without it!!! These are just some of my "icing on the cake" things that would be nice to have or ways to make it that little bit better! But even without, it's still awesome! :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

3. Sorry, I should have said I'm using button version only. So, I agree if I were using voice that for me to ask for the gear down after they are already down would be ridiculous on my part. But, for us button users, fs2crew should know the gear are down(check the state of the aircraft rather than just continue with next line in the script), and the flap 15 call should just be a flap 15 call and no gear. Didn't the old version used to do something along these lines?

I see you what you mean.  I can add that to button control for the next update.  That's not a big one.

Cheers,

I see you what you mean. I can add that to button control for the next update. That's not a big one.

Cheers,

Thank you! :)

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

Sorry for the stupid question, but is the update you will be working on for 3.2 compatibility or just features? Are all current downloads/versions compatible with P3D v3.2? (I have 777 Captain's Set -downloading latest now-,NGX Reboot and Airbus X Voice