Sign in to follow this  
Guest artmartin

Phoenix - Simulating Art

How is the Sim Flyers Phoenix? The other stuff they have is a real FPS killer compared to Flytampa stuff.XP Home SP2Asus P4P800-SE Intel 3.0GHZDDR 400 D/C 4x512MBLeadtek 6800GT 256MB (77.72)SB AudigyCH Products Yoke/Pedals USBSee you in the fence...CYYZ

It's not such a killer as their old products, but not upto FlyTampa standards. Do remember that we are talking about a VFR scenery here, not KPHX airport...

Guest artmartin

Tom, thanks so much for the recommendations. I'm really impressed with the Simflyer's KPHX airport. Haven't tried any of their other offerings but I understand that KPHX is their first with all GMAX objects. From everything I've read about scenery design and my own experience, well-made, low-poly GMAX objects fit with FS2004 like fingers in a glove (Not O.J.'s fingers). Everytime I added a new GMAX building and the corresponding textures I cringed thinking this one was going to be the frame rate killer and I never noticed even a blip. The one question I've been asked that I don't have an answer for is if this scenery will work with FS2002. If any of you try it, let me know. Not sure mine is even installed anymore. Thanks again for the support and feedback.Art

Guest artmartin

Tim, from looking at your screenshot, you're absolutely right that the alignment is right on but I see something that concerns me and it's reinforced by some other user comments on the support forum. It appears that UT's road lights cause an exclude of a whole bunch of the autogen. That confirms my suspicion that their lights are actual model objects which would have a small exclude area around them that would affect autogen. In that case I'd have to recommend against using UT during daytime flights in areas with heavy autogen. Daytime is a waste with a photoreal scenery and UT anyway since the roads from UT would be covered up. The only advantage of running the two together would be during the night flights so that all the roads show up brightly. However, you'd lose much of the lighting from the autogen objects that were excluded as well so it'd probably be a wash. Is it possible to turn on and off the UT road lights? If so, one could certainly leave the UT scenery enabled.Art

ArtThere are certain setting you can turn off and on in terms of lighting, but I have tried that with little results in autogen becoming more dense. There is discussions over at UT's forum on this very topic. I believe same thing happens with all photo scenery.RegardsTim

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Guest artmartin

Thanks for the input Tim.Art

Guest jpcing

Hi!I have downloaded the installation file, but when I launch it, I am unable to reach Flight1'site. I only have a small rectangular window without any indications.Can someone help me?RegardsJean-Pierre

The file you've downloaded from the Simulating Art website is about 150Mb in size (149 944kb exactly), sometimes the download doensn't complete itself. When I launch it, I see the Fligh1 Wrapper 3.03 opening up. Nothing with a website though...

Jean Pierre.It might be something weird with your graphics card drivers in windows.I find that on certain settings with my ATI Catalyst drivers (5.9) in Windows that the flight1 installer when run will have blank windows if I am running certain settings in the graphics card software. Then you can't read or see any of the text.If you reset the drivers to default settings, then the installer will display properly. Thats what I found when I had that problem anyway.If not contact Flight1 and see if they can help you with the problem.Craig

Guest jpcing

Hi Tom,Thanks for your help. I had indeed a corrupted downloaded fileNow it's OKRegardsJean-Pierre

Guest jpcing

Hi Craig,Thank you, see my reply to TomRegardsJean-Pierre

Guest artmartin

Basically the blank windows is a bug in the Flight 1 installer and Flight 1 is aware of it. They've told me they'll fix it soon and release a new version. Thanks for helping this user. We probabaly ought to take the problems to my support forum on the Simulating Art website soon and not burden down the Avsim forums with the bandwidth. It's great fun seeing the product mentioned here but it's a guilty pleasure as well.Art