Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Fastest way to delete the speeds in the fmc?

Often (usually when flying at night or early morning) atc will tell you "delete the speed restrictions on the approach"

I'm still learning the NGX FMC and wonder what the best and fastest way to do this is? If I use the DELETE key it wipes the altitude as well as the speed. Is the only way to delete the line then manually enter the altitude so the speed isn't there anymore? Thank you.

-David Lee

Leave the speeds in the FMC alone on approach and use speed select on the MCP. This will happen on G/S-capture anyway automatically.

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Leave the speeds in the FMC alone on approach and use speed select on the MCP. This will happen on G/S-capture anyway automatically.

I can do that yes but I was wondering if there is a shortcut to just removing the speeds not the altitude - David Lee

Overwrite the speed with what you want. If the restriction is 210, but you want to go fast, put in 240/, eg. You might create other issues downstream. Or you could put in 210A/.

Alternately, you use SPD INT, but you'll have to watch the crossing alts more closely.

Matt Cee