Sign in to follow this  
conura

New build for XP10 and the Ixeg (When it's out!)

Hi all,

I've been running a 2500k, gtx 660ti and 8gb DDR3 1333 ram (with SSDs) for some time now.

I would like better performance in XP10 so am about to buy the following:

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/conure/saved/#view=7QjmP6

Does this look like a solid upgrade for XPlane 10? Will it allow me to up the settings a fair bit? I am guessing so as each component is much more powerful, but I don't want to buy it then be disappointed.

Thanks in advance

Hello.

I recently upgraded from a 3770K with a 780GTX to a 6700K and the 980TI. Upped the memory to 32gb from 16 as well. I also have it OCd to 4.7Ghz. It completely blows my old 3770k away. Totally. I was very pleasantly surprised. Running both P3d and XPX is giving me a real boost in performance!

EDIT: having lots of ram and vram is good when it comes to xpx. Thats why I opted for the 6gb 980ti.

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

I just upgraded from i72600k 8GB ddr3 Samsung EVO 830 SSD to:

ASUS Z170-PRO
Corsair DDR4 Dominator Platinum 2x16GB 2800 C16 
Corsair RM550x
Intel Core i7 6700K
NZXT H440 New Edition White/Black 
NZXT Kraken X61 
Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2

Kept my old MSI GTX970 for now ;-) will upgrade when the new nVidia cards come out later this year

I can now up all my settings to 'nearly' max and get the following FPS

Rotate MD80 +/-30fps  at KSEA payware +/- 35fps at KLAX Glitter Gulch

FlyJSim 732  +/-40fps as above

FF 767 same as above and away from the airport in the 50's and 60's fps

I am using World Traffic AI , SkyMAXX Pro 3 and HD mesh so I am well happy now. I was not getting half this before. An added bonus is witht he M.2 SSD is that I do not seems to get weather update stutters anymore at least I don't notice it and I just use NOAA for weather.

So my advice is yes it will perform well but if you can afford it get a Samsung 950 M.2 SSD 

On a side note I use a Kraken x61 water cooler for the CPU and a Corsair 550 PSU, I think a 750W PSU is a bit too much unless you have loads of mechanical harddisks and want to run your GTX in SLI mode.