Sign in to follow this  
canuck21a

PMDG 777 Sim Slows after 3 hours

Hello,

I have purchased both the FSX and P3D versions of the 777-200 Base.

Looking for some help as I am at my tech limit with the problem that I am experiencing.

Thanks for reading this and if PMDG sees this and replies I would be most grateful.

***************************************************************************************************************

Hardware:
Asus Sabertooth P67 Bios 3602,i7-2600K OC 4.2,16 Gb 1600 DDR3,EVGA FTW 970 OC (new)
Windows 10-64, Acer 28" UHD 2k4k Monitor using DVI (Sims set to 1920x1080)
FSX-SE & P3D V3.2

Recent History:
FSX Accel & P3D V3.1 (including all remaining directories/files) removed from system and all registry entries cleared.

Installed fresh: FSX-SE, FSUIPC (full), FSCopilot/FSInn,Pilots FTX Global Mesh, FTX Global Base, FTX GLobal Vector,
FTX Global Airports, FTX Trees HD, PMDG 777-200 Base Pack (Downloaded this week from PMDG site)

Installed fresh: P3D V3.2 Pro, FSUIPC (full with VAS monitor on title bar), Migration Tool 3.2.0.1011,FSCopilot/FSInn, Pilots FTX Global Mesh, FTX Global Base, FTX GLobal Vector,
FTX Global Airports, FTX Trees HD, PMDG 777-200 Base Pack (Downloaded this week from PMDG site)

P3D configured with default settings. Graphics set to a wide aspect and lower level for using 777. (1920x1080 and FPS set to 20)

P3D Flight:
From WSSS to OBBI using PFPX flight plan. Weather: Clear ; Time: Daytime

Progress:
Take off and climb with no issues.
After ~ 3 hours of flying the sim begins to stop and start with a short stop followed by a period of smooth activity.
This stopping then begins to increase occurences and the delay before the sim starts responding again increases.
Eventually the sim can sit there for 15 seconds followed by 5 seconds of activity before the process repeats.
The scenario is saved (requires patience). The PC is rebooted. The sim is reloaded. The 777 is set as the first plane at a default location.
The scenario is the loaded resulting in the continuation of a smooth flight.
Once again after ~2.5 hours the stop/start begins anew. The Virtual memory indicatd by FSUIPC is never less that ~1.5 gb.

Is this a P3D problem?

Try the same flight on FSX-SE.
Reconfigure FSX-SE to use wideaspectview and lowered graphics settings.
Load sim with 777. Use the same flight plan. Virtual Mem although lower than P3D shows no apparent issue.
After ~2.5 hours the sim begins to exhibit the same stop and start that was experienced with P3D.

Conclusion:
It is not a P3D problem as this only happens with the PMDG 777 Base Pack and it also is happeing with FSX-SE.
All other aircraft including the Aerosoft A318-A321 packages work flawlessly.

Something is amiss but as this is happeing with both sims then the issue almost seems to point to the PMDG 777 or how it plays with my computer.
Any suggestions?

Darryl Wightman, Georgetown ON

PMDG 777 FSX Order 238685

PMDG 777 P3D Order 305276

Hello,

I have purchased both the FSX and P3D versions of the 777-200 Base.

Looking for some help as I am at my tech limit with the problem that I am experiencing.

Thanks for reading this and if PMDG sees this and replies I would be most grateful.

***************************************************************************************************************

Hardware:
Asus Sabertooth P67 Bios 3602,i7-2600K OC 4.2,16 Gb 1600 DDR3,EVGA FTW 970 OC (new)
Windows 10-64, Acer 28" UHD 2k4k Monitor using DVI (Sims set to 1920x1080)
FSX-SE & P3D V3.2

Recent History:
FSX Accel & P3D V3.1 (including all remaining directories/files) removed from system and all registry entries cleared.

Installed fresh: FSX-SE, FSUIPC (full), FSCopilot/FSInn,Pilots FTX Global Mesh, FTX Global Base, FTX GLobal Vector,

Installed fresh: P3D V3.2 Pro, FSUIPC (full with VAS monitor on title bar), Migration Tool 3.2.0.1011,FSCopilot/FSInn, Pilots FTX Global Mesh, FTX Global Base, FTX GLobal Vector,

P3D configured with default settings. Graphics set to a wide aspect and lower level for using 777. (1920x1080 and FPS set to 20)

P3D Flight:
From WSSS to OBBI using PFPX flight plan. Weather: Clear ; Time: Daytime

Progress:
Take off and climb with no issues.
After ~ 3 hours of flying the sim begins to stop and start with a short stop followed by a period of smooth activity.
This stopping then begins to increase occurences and the delay before the sim starts responding again increases.
Eventually the sim can sit there for 15 seconds followed by 5 seconds of activity before the process repeats.
The scenario is saved (requires patience). The PC is rebooted. The sim is reloaded. The 777 is set as the first plane at a default location.
The scenario is the loaded resulting in the continuation of a smooth flight.
Once again after ~2.5 hours the stop/start begins anew. The Virtual memory indicatd by FSUIPC is never less that ~1.5 gb.

Is this a P3D problem?

Try the same flight on FSX-SE.
Reconfigure FSX-SE to use wideaspectview and lowered graphics settings.
Load sim with 777. Use the same flight plan. Virtual Mem although lower than P3D shows no apparent issue.
After ~2.5 hours the sim begins to exhibit the same stop and start that was experienced with P3D.

Conclusion:
It is not a P3D problem as this only happens with the PMDG 777 Base Pack and it also is happeing with FSX-SE.
All other aircraft including the Aerosoft A318-A321 packages work flawlessly.

Something is amiss but as this is happeing with both sims then the issue almost seems to point to the PMDG 777 or how it plays with my computer.
Any suggestions?

Sounds like a heat issue to me. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I certainly would not throw out the notion of CPU throttling because of overheating.…Its easy to run prime 95 and a CPU TEMP monitor...

... But, I also seem to recall that there was new info about the triple seven on the PMDG site.

You might want to check that out.

Regards,

Chas

My first sim flight simulator pD25zEJ.jpg

Take a ride to Stinking Creek! http://youtu.be/YP3fxFqkBXg Win10 Pro, GeForce GTX 1080TI/Rizen5 5600x  OCd,32 GB RAM,3x1920 x 1080, 60Hz , 27" Dell TouchScreen,TM HOTAS Warthog,TrackIR5,Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals HP reverbG2,Quest2