Sign in to follow this  
Rivet

Rex Weather Architect Question

I just installed and set-up Rex's Weather Architect in FSX. I love the product but I have one quick question for anyone else that owns it. I am finding that after setting up flights in Weather Architect that I have multiple directories created called "PMDG" in different places on my PC. I have found the directory so far on my root drive and in my FSX folder. They have a sub-directory called WX and some wx files inside of it. I have not told the application to create the directories and nor do I really want them (especially in my root drive folder). Anyone else experience this or know a solution.   Thanks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Did you go to their support forum and request support?  You did something extraordinary and that's looking at your directories after you installed the product and you saw anomalies.  Not too many members here do that after installing a program.  I don't anyway.  I do not see any reason for all of those directories but then, why would a virus or a malware program install all of those directories?  It does not make sense.  I would uninstall the product and see if those directories were removed.  If not, then they were not put there by REX Weather Architect.

Thanks Jim,

I belong to many hundreds of forums so I usually try one I belong to before I join another (and I find the good folks at Avsim very helpful and knowledgeable). I will probably try Rex directly on this one. 

BTW... I did confirm that it is REX generating these directories and files. I am a bit puzzled but it could be a bug and they are just not cleaning up directories and files correctly.

I don't own Weather Architect but they must have a purpose.  PMDG has some popular products and perhaps they are setting them up to communicate with PMDG aircraft?  The developer of this product visits these forums frequently so I suspect you will have an answer soon if not from one of our helpful members.

Best regards,