Sign in to follow this  
gore54

New fsx gold install on windows 10. No atc audio

Hello all.

I had to do a computer upgrade and I have just installed FSX Gold on a brand new machine with windows 10. FSX works fine except there is no audio whatsoever from the atc. All other sounds are working in the sim with no problem. Has anyone else had this experience?

I would appreciate any and all advise

Thanks

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals

This was suggested for Windows7  and atc sound problem.  It may work for Windows10.

If you are using Windows 7, there is a tab in the Sounds options called "Communications". This tab is for setting how Windows adjusts the sound volume for different sounds when you are using your PC to place or receive telephone calls. Even though that doesn't seem to have anything whatsoever to do with FSX, or anything else you might be doing, I have read that some folks have had issues with sound volumes for some games and other applications and have gone in to this tab and set it to the "Do Nothing" option. Apparently that has solved it for them.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

This is a major shocker.  Windows 10 has been out for some time now and thousands of individuals who have installed FSX have not had a problem with sound.  We have a dedicated forum for Windows 10 and any issues found and I could not find this problem in that forum.  I would think that we would be hearing about this "problem" sooner (if in fact there is a problem).  There have been many problems with FSX ATC Sound since 2007 but all of those have been mostly resolved.  You might try the following link - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/177252. I'm guessing you have hardware acceleration turned on.

We do not know your system.  Are you using a dedicated sound board or the built in sound?

In any case it is not a Windows 10 problem (even though you just installed Windows 10 and this is when the problem started).

EDIT:  Just thought of something else too.  If you just installed Windows 10, make sure you have the latest hardware drivers installed.  I use Driver Booster, a freeware program (but it has a lot of nags to get you to register it for a price but all of the functions still work).  Since it is a fairly new OS, many manufacturers are undating their drivers to fix bugs found.

Edited by Jim Young

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Many thanks for the replies . I found an update driver for my sound board and sure enough it corrected the problem. We are go for lift off.

Don

System Intel core I9-10900.Asus prime Z490P motherboard, Corsair 32gb ddr4 dram, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD and 1 TB Seagate Barracuda HD. Zotac GE force RTX 2080 Super  750 Watt power supply, Windows 10 Pro, Honeycomb yoke and Bravo,Thrustmaster pedals