Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

Toolkit Converter and Addon Scenery

Hi,

Semi-hypothetical just to keep things simple:

A while back I discovered that Shasta Dam was a scenery object included with FSX but not included in the default scenery.  I used the OPT to place it and saved it as a BGL file in the Addon Scenery folder. (I believe it wasn't included in the scenery as there was a problem with the terrain showing thru the face of the dam when the back was against the water of the lake). I could live with this.  If I re-convert the FSX scenery for use in Flight will the dam be converted?  Or any other scenery in the Addon Scenery folder.  More specifically, does the Converter look in specific folders or use Scenery.cfg to determine where to look or something completely different altogether.

Jim F. 

I think i've tried converting with stuff in Addon Scenery folder and it is just ignored.  For this type of situation you are better of making your own separate DLC and not doing it as part of the FSX conversion.  addons should never be included as part of the FSX conversion, but done as separate conversions.