Sign in to follow this  
d.woody

ORBX YHBA Causes aircraft crash in Prepar3D v3.2

ORBX FTX Hervey Bay YHBA, (Australia), causes any aircraft to crash on take-off roll. Other airports, (ORBX, default or freeware), have not shown any inclination to do this.

The default start-up flight at Hervey Bay loads OK and the aircraft will start correctly, but shortly after beginning the take-off roll the aircraft crashes. It is not a "failure" crash caused by misuse of the engines etc.

If the realism setting is set to "ignore crashes and damage", everything is fine. Taking off from a nearby airport and landing at YHBA, causes an aircraft crash on touchdown. Note that this is an aircraft crash NOT a system "crash to desktop". It is almost as if there is a runway elevation problem.

If the ORBX YHBA scenery is disabled, and the default scenery is used, there is no problem. However YHBA is my home airport and I would really like to get it working.

I have no idea where to look to even begin to solve the problem.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If I were in your shoes, I would head over to ORBX's forums as they have pretty speedy response times and a team of their finest to help resolve the problem, IF it hasn't already been addressed in the forums.

A good first step (and will probably be asked over there as well) is that you have the latest installers.  They've been busy still in getting all the installers updated for P3D v3.

Just a suggestion.

-Jim