Sign in to follow this  
hjsmuc

UTX v2 installer problem

As usual apologies if it has been explained somewhere else but after one hour of searching I gave up. I set up a new Win10 computer, reinstalled Prepar3d 3.2 and now the UTX USA V2 installer doesn't find any simulator installation anymore. All related fields are blank. I can manually enter an installation path but the installer won't work with it. Any idea which registry entry the UTX installer is looking for?

Thanks
Hans

Hans

You may be looking at re-installing it to get it out properly - also if you are using FTX Global you will need to re-install that as it will be corrupt after uninstalling UTX - not what you wanted to hear but in the long run will save you time trying to figure it out 

Rich Sennett

Thanks Rich, tried a reinstall already 3 times, UTX refuses to see any Prepar3D installation. It's OT but resetting the computer was a big mistake, it was better before. Seems like Sunday will be doing it all over again.

Hans

Thanks Rich, tried a reinstall already 3 times, UTX refuses to see any Prepar3D installation. It's OT but resetting the computer was a big mistake, it was better before. Seems like Sunday will be doing it all over again.

Yikes Hans I didnt read your post correctly - sorry - your trying to install it - well thats not a lot of fun there is a strange way of installing it - hang in there let me look at my notes its been a while since i installed it

Try this http://www.simforums.com/forums/admin-prepar3d-v3-patches-for-usa-and-europe_topic53705.html

Saw your post in Their forums - you have tried this ?

This is the file name  - IMUtxUsaPatchP3D3.exe

I have not tried this in P3D 3.2 - that maybe a problem not sure

Rich Sennett

Appreciate your help. It's getting very late here and I'll postpone this to Sunday afternoon. I have the bad feeling that the registry entries of my Prepar3D installation are corrupt. All other installers find the sim but not UTX. As it worked fine before I guess the error sits in front of the PC though, as most of the time.

Hans

Appreciate your help. It's getting very late here and I'll postpone this to Sunday afternoon. I have the bad feeling that the registry entries of my Prepar3D installation are corrupt. All other installers find the sim but not UTX. As it worked fine before I guess the error sits in front of the PC though, as most of the time.

Good luck

Rich Sennett

This is the file name - IMUtxUsaPatchP3D3.exe

I have not tried this in P3D 3.2 - that maybe a problem not sure

sorry missed read post, ie w10

As Rich pointed out, you have to update the installer with that patch or it can't see P3D 3.

Thanks guys, I did update but it still doesn't see the installation. I can install it manually by executing the Prepar3d v3 installer inside the folder but the install manager remains blank. I'll see if it works as it should and if yes I can live with that. 

Hans

Thanks guys, I did update but it still doesn't see the installation. I can install it manually by executing the Prepar3d v3 installer inside the folder but the install manager remains blank. I'll see if it works as it should and if yes I can live with that.

you hav'nt by chance got a previous issue of P3D on your computer, ie 2.5, if so you may need to rename the Prepar3d. Exe file ..edited

bob

Finally got it working as it is supposed to work. Must have gotten confused by the two patches 2.2. and 2.3, the install manager update and the Scenery Solutions folder choice. Another sign that one shouldn't do the more complex installations in the middle of the night, I think. Thanks for the support and happy flying on this Sunday.

Hans