Sign in to follow this  
misgav

Runtime error 75

Hi

I've had RC4.3 running great for years, until...

My pc was screwed up due to a malware attack.

Took it to a shop.  It came back clean, malware removed. They also, without asking me, removed AVG and installed Microsoft Security Essentials instead, saying it was good protection.

Then I ran FS9 with RC4 and got the dreaded error 75 RC fsuipcrcv4.code.

I uninstalled the MS antivirus and reinstalled AVG. That didn't help at all. Still got the error.

Ran a registry cleaner- same thing.Tried to rebuild database in RC, got an error message.

How do I get this fixed?

I have Windows 7 64bit.

Eytan Ornstein

Eytan,

Error 75 is path/file access error. Read Ron's advice here and also check you have the latest version of FSUIPC.

http://www.avsim.com/topic/482724-run-time-error-75/#entry3365818

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Problem resolved. I right click RC and run as admin. It runs just fine.

just wondering, what setting in windows do I change in order to start RC without having to run as admin.

Eytan

• Like 1

You can check the type of account you have in Control Panel - User Accounts.

If you change User Account Control Settings (in same link above) to 'Never Notify' you can also get rid of that confirmation dialogue when launching executables.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

You can also set up a shortcut to rcv4.exe. Depending on which version of Win 7 you have you can set up you can set up a property to run as admin. In my version of W7 on my laptop there is a second advanced link in the properties to run as admin also. After setting one or both be  sure to click Apply before OKing out of thhe properties windows.

If you have more than on rc folder due to muliple FS versions, do this procedure for each RC folder shortcut.