Sign in to follow this  
be77solo

Just finishing my new build, woohoo!

Had fun shopping, but now even more fun finalizing my new build!  Obviously, with next generation GPU's supposedly months away it's not an ideal time to do this, but I was tired of waiting, wanted to build, so here we go!  Had always done mid/full ATX towers, so wanted something a bit different. Almost went Mini ITX, but wanted more room to grow and use bigger stuff.  Fell in love with the options of the Thermaltake CORE V21 case... tons of expansion and cooling options, yet different than what I was used to.

Here's what I went with:

- Intel Skylake i7 6700K, currently running cool at 4.7 with default motherboard OC, haven't explored further yet

- Corsair H115i AIO 280mm water cooler

- Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 motherboard (Micro ATX)

- 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200mhz

- Used my existing 960GB 2.5" SSD and 3TB 3.5 HDD for storage

- Diamond AMD R9 390 8GB GPU (honestly for no other reason than refused to pay for a 980 TI and was tired of using Nvidia ha)

- Thermaltake CORE V21 Micro ATX Cube (absolutely fantastic case, joy to assemble, couldn't be happier, and it's cheap ~$50)

- EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2 power supply (first time springing for modular, so much cleaner build!)

- Windows 10 Pro

- Dell U3415W (3440x1440).  Wife got me this for Christmas, and is what spurred my new build... wanted to do it justice ha. Fantastic monitor

Added a cheap Bluetooth adapter and a couple extra 140mm Noctua fans for the case (it came with a 200mm intake fan on the front).  So far, very pleased.  Build went together well, currently tweaking OS, installing programs, etc, but early tests are encouraging.  3DMark11 came in around P15,800, so a nice bump from my previous system.

Will report back with further results, but P3D v3 fired right up and ran great, but of course it always does without addons :Tounge:

Diamond AMD R9 390 8GB GPU

Interested to see how that GPU holds up. Keep us posted

ZORAN