Sign in to follow this  
W2DR

Where Have All The Stutters Gone? Or, This Madness Has To Stop.....

No offense Glynn, but did you take the time to read over the documentation that REX released about the clouds?

Jim, Why would I need to read the documentation, I had been a REX user for many years I simply installed the 3.2 compatible update and without my knowledge REX had taken it upon themselves to alter my cloud shader from .50 to .67 

I was not the only one caught out by this, many complained about stuttering in clouds until it was discovered what REX had done. REX later made it a feature of the latest version to be able to alter the shader but too late for me, I had already requested the refund from LM.

If it were not for the poor cloud performance caused by this underhand alteration of a default file I would probably still be using 3.2.

Can you point me to where in the release notes for the first 3.2 compatable REX update it mentions that the default shader would be altered ?

Ok, slow down there cowboy.  First, I see what you did as I did initially.  That is my one complaint to both REX and ASN is that their frequent updates and hotfixes seemed to have screwed up my install.  The best way I fixed that was to uninstall all of it and start with a fresh, up to date installer (Courtesy of Richard Sennett).  After doing so, I had zero issues.

Jim, Why would I need to read the documentation, I had been a REX user for many years I simply installed the 3.2 compatible update and without my knowledge REX had taken it upon themselves to alter my cloud shader from .50 to .67 

Well again, it doesn't matter how long you've been a user of a product, the developer can change whatever they like but they DO include documentation for installation and troubleshooting.  Sorry but that's not REX's fault.  I'd read the threads about the cloud issue, to which solutions were made.  For me personally, I chose to do a reinstall, but I never blamed anyone for what happened in my case.  Sure, we all would love to install anything and it works right out of the box, but when it comes to flight simulation, there has to be some user effort involved.

It's entirely your choice what you want to use, but not giving the software a chance and not even attempting to resolve the issue and going straight for a refund is a bit premature.  I'm actually surprised REX didn't offer to resolve the problem before issuing a refund.

-Jim

• Upvote 1

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I'm actually surprised REX didn't offer to resolve the problem before issuing a refund.

I did not ask REX for a refund I am still using their stuff in FSX/DX10.

It was P3Dv3.2 that I asked LM for a refund which was graciously and immediately granted.

Increasing the shader parameter to .67 without telling anyone was not a very customer friendly thing to do and in this case cost LM a sale.

Had I waited then obviously they fixed the problem, but too late for me v3.2 was gone by then.

For further VAS savings pair it with FSX-SE they work extremely well together :wub:

I echo this, FSX-SE would solve most of any VAS issues the OP has, most addons are compatible, although manual installation of DLL's in the dll.xml or external apps into the exe.xml file maybe necessary if it doesn't have it's own FSX-SE installer.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d