Sign in to follow this  
Fsxsimmer758

P3D Crashing to desktop while loading

A very important point : if your \Texture folder is corrupted (or even missing), you will ALSO get a crash due to weather.dll during flight load (tested and verified multiple times on my side).

Thanks Jerome.  I will add to the new CTD Guide.

EDIT:  How do you know your texture folder is corrupted?  Only way is to do a repair install or uninstall/reinstall the sim.  Will not be added to new CTD Guide as I do not know how you determined the texture folder was corrupt (w/o totally reinstalling the sim and, if you reinstalled the sim or repaired it, how do you know it fixed the texture folder?).

Best regards,

Still no good, I'm thinking of just re-installing P3D 

I do not think just reinstalling P3D will do it unless you make sure all of your P3D files are removed as the cause is possibly in the hidden folders too.  Here's what I found for FSX (P3D is the same as FSX) - http://forum.simflight.com/topic/73367-fsx-crash-with-weatherdll-as-long-as-fsuipc-is-loaded/

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Jim and all....

I just solved my CTD problem. My case may be an "outlying data point," but I want to be sure people know about this. My error log was all over the map. But basically, when P3D started to load, it would CTD.  I could restart the sim, same problem, I could restart the computer, sometimes it would work ok. Basically random reasons from the Error Log. I am using Windows 10.

Microsoft Support (chat/screen control) spent 2 hours working on this and came to the conclusion they couldn't fix it. Then the lady said, "before we go, lets try one more thing."  She made me a new profile for Windows 10, Then we ran P3D. It worked!  So we tried it again and again ... no problems. We migrated my user files over to the new Microsoft Profile. (Lost some things and had to reinstall, which she told me would happen), but once everything was back ... NO PROBLEMS!!!  It wasn't P3D, it was the Microsoft Profile for Windows 10 that had somehow become corrupted.

I had re-installed P3D 4 times, I had re-installed all the ORBX files ... literally started from scratch and that did not help ... after all that work, the same problems.  I cannot tell you why a corrupted Win 10 profile makes P3D (or FSX) CTD.  I have a friend who solved his problem the same way, by changing the Microsoft profile ... he was using FSX with Win 10.

I am sure, the fixes above this in the thread are good ones for people with those specific problems. I tried them all, nothing helped.  If you have tried everything else, re-installing, making all the changes advised above and you still have a problem and  if you are using Win 10, change your profile and try running the sim ... it may work for you.  I've been error-free for 1 full week (and that's with 3-6 hours a day on the sim. I'm enjoying the hobby again.

To test it, make a new Microsoft Profile, then log in to it and try running your sim. (Don't worry about the addon's at this point, they probably won't work). If the sim works as it should, then you have the problem I had. Then get ready for some not-so-fun time reloading and reinstalling.

I'm no 'maven' at this like Jim and the other folks here, but I wanted to share this with folks in case they have the same problem. I can't tell you "why." But this got me functional again ... after 5 months of errors! At this point, I wouldn't just jump on this as the final solution. I think it needs to be discussed so we can understand the "why".  But it sure is a good clue for the problem if you are using Windows 10.

Doug/RTMM

• Upvote 1

rtmm_signature.jpg

She made me a new profile for Windows 10, Then we ran P3D. It worked!

This "solution" is in the AVSIM CTD Guide, page 21.  I once had an "unsolvable" CTD and ran across this solution (I have Windows 7) and the fix worked for me.  It is better than reinstalling Windows. 

I am surprised you had "lost some things" and had to reinstall.  I did not but I know it is easy for it to happen.  You just have to be sure you move the folders from the older profile over to the new once you get FSX working again.

Thanks for the providing the community with the solution to your problem.  I'm sure it will help someone.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

You Bet, Jim. And thank you for all you are doing.  It is a confusing maze out there, you are giving us a way through it.  I saw that for Win 7, but didn't think it would apply to Win 10, so I didn't try it. Just wanted to contribute what I could. 

Doug

rtmm_signature.jpg

Thanks for that!

Submit News to AVSIM