Sign in to follow this  
Jive1

Pause_on_lost_focus

Hey!

I had to reinstall my FS9, due to a sudden crash, That was a few weeks ago. Since that time I have my FS9 "pausing" while I am doeing something in another application; whatever if it only is not an addon of FS9 coupled with FS9. It may be Explorer or EXcel or mailprogram, everytime when I come back to FS9, it is paused, even when in the FS9.CFG there is mentioned "Pause_on_lost_focus=0". I have no idea where to go looking to repair that error. Does anybody know what it can be?

Greetz

Jive1 - Belgium

I seem to remember a setting somewhere that controls this. Will check when I'm at the PC.

Go to Settings/General and uncheck the "Pause on task switch" box.

Dijvid

Yes! I knew that, and that is what I did.

Every time when I stop my FS9 to set the 'PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0', and I start FS9 again, I have the same problem. When I stop FS9 and open the FS9.cfg I see that there is again 'PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1'.

How happens that?.. and how can I make that the '0' keeps on?

Greet

Jive1 - Belgium

Yes! I knew that, and that is what I did.

Every time when I stop my FS9 to set the 'PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=0', and I start FS9 again, I have the same problem. When I stop FS9 and open the FS9.cfg I see that there is again 'PAUSE_ON_LOST_FOCUS=1'.

How happens that?.. and how can I make that the '0' keeps on?

Greet

Jive1 - Belgium

FS9 always writes into the config file on shutting down and certain settings will be overwritten by default values in the process. You can get around this by writing a startup batch that will copy an edited cfg with your preferred settings into the location of the actual fs9.cfg before the game starts.

<p>If changes are not being saved to FS9.cfg, check that the file is not 'Read Only'. Some other add-on, gauge or utility which you are using may be re-setting that option, check the settings in any other add-on which you have open with FS9.</p>