Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

V-speeds with no departure selected...

One thing I noticed whn I started using this 777 is that, contrarily to other Boeings I have used, if I just want to fly a small circuit around an airfield, and want to set it fast for takeoff, even if in the ROUTE page I fill the Dept /Arr ICAO and Dept Rw, when I arrive at the Perf INIT / Takeoff page I have no V-speeds, and have to get back and select a departure among those available in the FMC database.

Is this the way it works in the real aircraft ?

Or, maybe there's a company option hiden somewhere in the PMDG FMC menus and I didn't find it yet ?

Thx for any hints

As I recall, you don't need to select a departure. Selecting the runway is enough!

José, if you want to fly circuits on the 777, check my videos on touch&goes. They are 2 years old and in the meantime I kept learning, so there's things in there I would have done/said differently. Also this was prior to the update and the pitch trim didn't work as it should. I still believe these videos are useful though :)

How to: Fly Touch & Goes on the PMDG 777 - Part 1

How to: Fly Touch & Goes on the PMDG 777 - Part 2

Jaime Beneyto

My Flight Simulation videos [English & Spanish]

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload, go to the White Zone!

Thx Jaime, will certainly watch both!

Anyway in the 744 it suffices to fill in the Rw entry in the ROUTE page, from INIT...

even if in the ROUTE page I fill the Dept /Arr ICAO and Dept Rw, when I arrive at the Perf INIT / Takeoff page I have no V-speeds, and have to get back and select a departure among those available in the FMC database.

José, I was thinking about what you said:

There's two equivalent ways of entering a RUNWAY (just the runway, not a departure). Either trough the RTE page or through the DEP/ARR page. Either way is equivalent, if you leave the rwy entry at RTE blank and then select it in DEP/ARR, the RTE page will update automatically. There's no need to select a departure.

If selecting the rwy through RTE won't let you see the V-speeds, while entering them through DEP/ARR you DO see the V-speeds, then this would beat me. Maybe a bug? Maybe real FMC logic? I don't know and never thought about it because I've always selected the rwy at DEP/ARR and always leave the RTE rwy entry blank.

Make sure you select your CG (I don't want to insult your intelligence, but have to say it for other readers as well :)

Jaime Beneyto

My Flight Simulation videos [English & Spanish]

The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload, go to the White Zone!