Sign in to follow this  
molleh

Need help downloading XP10

I've had XP10 installed before but a while ago and had uninstalled it. Now I'm trying to download it again with the official XP10 installer/downloader, but it's giving me a lot of grief. It almost completely kills my entire internet connection while it's downloading (almost like it's using peer 2 peer?) so that I can barely browse websites (and p***ing off everyone else in the household in the process), and on top of that, only downloads at ~600k/s when my connection is capable of about 1.4mb/s. For me to download all of the scenery "squares" it would take 36 hours+ to download and my family will kill me, LMAO.

Is there some other way I can download it??

pmdg_trijet.jpg

Why don't you just download smaller areas?. I don't think you can control the installer, but the base app should take you about an hour to download at that speed. Tell your family they can live without the internet for an hour ;-)

• Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-6700HQ, 32GB DDR4,NVIDIA GTX 1070, 1TB 7200 HDD, 1TB SSD, Oculus Rift.

My sims in order of use: X-Plane 11, P3D v4.4, Aerofly FS 2, DCS World).

I'm silly, I didn't realize you could just re-run the installer later to download additional scenery tiles (I assumed it had to be all in the initial download.) So I'll just download piecemeal like you suggested. Thanks :)

pmdg_trijet.jpg