Sign in to follow this  
bpcw001

Performance of the Carenado Phenom vs real-world Phenom

Hi,

has anyone bothered to compare the Phenom's performance against the real-world performance charts yet?

On my flights, I have the impression that she is a bit too slow at a given weight, altitude and fuel burn rate.

What do you think?

Dave P. Woycek

I would be surprised given the number of pilots that have crawled all over this thing...

Bert

Strange. After some flights at ISA conditions at a given gross weight and fuel burn rate as charted, I consistently get 10-20kts TAS less than what the respective chart entry would suggest.

I use the high-speed cruise performance table from here:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/0216/Phenom/176.jpg

Now, this could easily be fixed with a slight tweak to the parasite drag parameter in the aircraft.cfg, but I am really wondering if I am the only one with a low-performer Phenom.

Given the fact that this is pilot material for actual flight planning and not sales material, I would expect the data in the charts to even be on the conservative side with the aircraft performing even slightly better under most circumstances.

Am I totally off here? Where is my mistake?

Dave P. Woycek

Are you burning more or less - flying faster or slower?

Christopher Allan