Sign in to follow this  
usairways56

What V-Sync settings do you use?

First of all, I'm running FSX:SE in DX10 with Steve's Fixer, and tons of addons like Flightbeam & FSDT airports, PMDG & QW planes, ASN, Orbx FTX Global, REX textures. I recently upgraded to a 6600k and have a pretty powerful machine, can get 45-60 fps constant with all of those addons using my "personally optimized" settings I guess you could say. That's great, but running unlimited fps to get them that high just causes unplayable stutters and I don't really know if there's a way to run on unlimited without big spikes on my PC. Anyways -

Up until a few days ago everything was running smooth as I could expect. For some reason the last couple days I started noticing small stutters repeating consistently every 2-3 seconds. No settings have been changed to my knowledge (maybe it's because I've been simming a lot lately and am getting nit-picky, don't know). When I was doing some trial and error testing, I found that the smoothness came back when I set my monitor to refresh at 59hz, 1/2 v-sync & maximum pre-rendered frames of 1 in NV Inspector, and FSX internally limited to 31fps. 

Previously I had been running 60hz, 1/2 v-sync & 1 pre-rendered frame, and FSX internal 30fps lock. Those are just the things that I have messed with today, but I am fully aware there many more settings and tweaks that could have an effect. 

I'm not necessarily looking for any answer to this, but I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience and/or any v-sync recommendations?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

60Hz / 1/2 v-sync / 30 fps lock works fine for me.

FSX / DX9