Sign in to follow this  
Jareth

New Pc for FSX or P3D

Hello guys i will be buying a new pc so i can run fsx or p3d on it and would like to know if these specs are enough to run fsx or p3d at around 30fps with pmdg and scenery addons etc.....

NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 4 GB GDDR3

Intel Core i7 4790 (3.6 GHz)

16 GB DDR3

2 TB HDD

Thanks for the help!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Always depends on your slider management, of course. But I think you'd benefit greatly from investing more into your GPU. A 740 won't cut it in my opinion. Have a look at the GTX 960 4GB. Its at least twice the price of the 740, but is a way better match for your CPU. Personally, I'd also go for a 4790k, which has a slight higher base frequency @ 4Ghz (but also a slightly higher price tag) and can be overclocked if you wish to. 16GB Ram is more than enough, but its cheap at the moment, so go for it! Also make sure to select a mainboard that supports your needs and doesn't slow the system down.

I have a i7-4770k @ 3,6 and a GTX 770 2GB (which rougly equals the 960) and get along very fine in FSX:SE. So a 4790k with a 960 will be very good value for money, I believe.

Agreed - put a GTX 960 in there as a minimum especially if you're going to run P3D

I have a GTX 960 and I am getting good frames but my standards are rising, and already I'm thinking about upgrading to the 1070 once it comes out. I have ORBX and many airport sceneries, but I had to go moderate on the sliders. By the way, if you are planning to buy FSDT Sydney (YSSY) ... don't be surprised if it has trouble going over 22 fps (if you opt for the 960).

I also think that going for at least 250 GB SSD would be a smarter investment over a hard drive. You don't want silly HDD read speeds bottlenecking the performance of a good machine.

A new gpu won't help with fps that much - a new CPU or OC would help more.