Sign in to follow this  
VHOJT

ALTN Alternate Page WXR Weater Request - does it fetch METARS?

Hi all,

Have been doing reading of the forum and the manuals for the PMDG 777.  I have the 777 set up to automatically save and load a P3D flight plan, and ASN is set to automatically pick it up and use it.  I am getting enroute and descent winds uplinked fine.

My question pertains to the ALTN page and the WXR request function.  I had a look in the FCOM and it said this will request METARS etc. for the alternates and spit them out on the flight deck printer.

I am guessing this function is not modelled (obviously the printer isn't) - as in there is no way to view ALTN WX information for the airports from some part of the PMDG 777 - or am I missing something?

Cheers for any advice,

Rudy Fidao

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I am guessing this function is not modelled (obviously the printer isn't) - as in there is no way to view ALTN WX information for the airports from some part of the PMDG 777 - or am I missing something?

To my knowledge, this is not currently modeled.

Thanks, Kyle.

Cheers,

Rudy Fidao

PS excellent job to you/PMDG/whoever wrote the intro manual on the NGX and 777 - if only every add-on had such a thorough explanation of its features!