Sign in to follow this  
kerosene31

USB

Guest Willey

My computer has USB 1.0 and I got USB 2.0 yoke and pedals, the computer acts as though the USB doesn't even exist...it seemingly don't recognize that it's even there....Is it possible the USB 2.0 yoke and pedals won't work in the older USB 1 ports?Do I need new drivers? or what to make it connect, so I can fly online again? Appreciate your help!! Willey

Guest AndrewMcGregor

It's not just possible, it's certain.Go get yourself a USB 2.0 port card. End of problem.

Does the USB port and built in hub show up in the device manager?Every report I've heard indicates that the only difference betwen USB 1 and USB 2 is the maximum speed/bandwidth. The extra speed of the USB 2 is great for things like cameras, memory thumbs and external disk drives, but unnecessary for things like keyboards, mice and game controlers. The USB 2 devices are supposed to work on USB hubs and ports AT USB 1 SPEEDS, which shouldn't bother game controlers.

Guest JF737WN

Actually, Im afraid Andrew is right, USB 2.0 products wont work on a USB 1 port, just wont happen.Like he said, go out and get a USB 2.0 Card, all problems will be solved!

Guest Captain Barfbag

This might be device-dependent. My digital camera is USB-2, but it works on both my older USB-1 machine and the newer USB-2 machine. The only difference seems to be speed, as far as the camera's downloads go. The camera's software does pop-up a message saying that I'm using USB-1, but then it allows me to continue normally.Have you checked with the manufacturer on this? I'm sure they've come across this problem before. They might have a software workaround.CompUSA has a USB 2.0 card for around 20 bucks, if all else fails.

I know of a lot of usb 2.0 devices which work in older usb ports. You just don't get the speed. I would think the pedals would work fine.

-------------------------

Craig from KBUF