Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Flight Dynamics...

The question is aimed at any Aerofly 2 PC users, but I would particularly like to ear from those of you who also use X-plane 10 and / or used Flight Unlimited.

From a very superficial analysis of some configuration files I did when I had Aerofly FS v1, I noticed that there were aspects in common with Flight Unlimited, and in some way also with X-plane 10 since the flight model is also based on a decomposition of aircraft lift / drag / thrust generation surfaces.

How do you compare the "feel of flight", even given only default aircraft models are presently avilable, between Aerofly 2 and either X-plane 10 or Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

How do you compare the "feel of flight", even given only default aircraft models are presently avilable, between Aerofly 2 and either X-plane 10 or Flight Unlimited 2 and 3 ?

Not being a pilot, I couldn't tell ya! And I doubt even pilots will come to a perfect conclusion, since I have seen multiple videos from people claiming to be real life pilots, and their impressions are all over the place, something I notice happens often when real life pilots opine.

Probably the most promising thing is that the text files controlling the FDM remain open and available to be altered, and if people have problems with them...... Well, maybe some elder simulation statesman will step forward and do some tweaks!  :smile:

• Upvote 1

Yes Devon,

indeed that's what I did with v1 - opened the files and tried to understand and even found it pretty similar to the FU2 & 3 approach, more than xpx...

I just wanted to know if it might represent an evolution from v1 in this area too.

Thx for your thoughts :-)