Sign in to follow this  
mario340500

P3D v3.2 / 3.3 g2d.dll error Exception Code c0000005 Exception Offset 000d7803

Hi Mario,

Those P3D settings are absolutely horrible for your extremely powerful system.  Horrible!  Hopefully it was just GSX causing the issues and you can move some of your sliders back up.

You have an older version of P3D.  The latest is v3.4.9.18400 dated 9/14/2016.  Recommend you update the client only.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

On Thursday 23rd Sep, I upgraded client, scenery and content to P3Dv3.4.9.18400 successfully by following the P3D Guide carefully. I applied those basic settings as per you suggestion that it maybe a settings issue and sure enough the g2d.dll errors stopped.

I am yet to install REX and a few more FSDT Airports but am very keen to bump up my settings. Please advise what is the best approach on doing this?

Is there a slider or combination of sliders that I start with and then move to the next etc?

Appreciate all your help as always.

Regards,

Mario

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

am yet to install REX and a few more FSDT Airports but am very keen to bump up my settings. Please advise what is the best approach on doing this?
Is there a slider or combination of sliders that I start with and then move to the next etc?

Go slowly.  Remember, Lockheed Martin released Prepar3D without other commercial add-ons.  They made sure all of their aircraft and scenery works well.  P3D runs well in the default configuration.  Then one goes out and buys these eye-candy filled add-ons.  Sure, they should work in P3D but not at the same settings as when it was just P3D w/o add-ons.  So, you have to be careful.  Take your time adding them and make sure you are satisfied with their performance.  Some add-ons, like FSDT and FTX/Orbx has separate config files that turn off some eye-candy if there are performance issues.  Whenever I reinstall Windows and have to reinstall FSX or P3D, I don't immediately reinstall all of the addons.  In fact, some of the addons from my previous setup never made it back and the applications are in my backup folders.

I do not know of any one slider but you can save your P3D config to something like "p3d_cfg_before_adding_all_FSDT_airports".  That hard to manage though.  The P3D Guide provides you with recommended settings with some add-ons.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

All addons are now installed and with the PMDG T7, here are my settings. No more G2D.dll errors... and default P3D.cfg file. no additional entries what so ever.

P3DPMDG777Settings1.jpg
P3DPMDG777Settings2.jpg

Cheers,
M

Mario Lobo

P3D v:4.5| Win 10 2004 x64 pro | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E | i9-9900KS@ 5.1Ghz(OC) | Thermaltake Water Extreme 3.0 | G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-32GTRS TZ Royal (16x2)32G Kit DDR4 3200Mhz | 11GB RTX 2080 TI Asus STRIX OC| 1x Samsung 970 PRO M.2 512GB | Samsung 970 PRO 1TB | 2x Samsung 860 PRO 2TB| Tt ToughpowerXT 875W | CoolerMaster HAF X Tower

l addons are now installed and with the PMDG T7, here are my settings. No more G2D.dll errors... and default P3D.cfg file. no additional entries what so ever.

Thanks for the update Mario.  At least you know the g2d.dll errors were most likely caused by high settings.  You settings above are good but I would play with the Texture Resolution and move it to 2048.  That's where mine is and I see little or not difference in quality from the max 4096.  I think 4096 textures are best with photo scenery.  I would also play with LOD_Radius and try to move that up to a notch just below Max (for the PMDG profile).  When you are flying the PMDG, there's not much to see outside at FL200 plus.  Mountains are sometimes nice though.  Scenery Objects appear very high though for flying the PMDG.  You can't see many trees/buildings except at departure and landing.  I think scenery objects uses a lot of resources and autogen depletes VAS the fastest.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks for your advice on the settings Jim. What a world of difference in both performance and visuals. The frames were much more fliud during landing and taxi to the gate at Orbx YMML.

Here are my updated settings

PMDG777Settings.jpg

Mario Lobo

Good to hear Mario.  You have to understand I've been tweaking FS since FS2000 (the earlier versions required no tweaks).  :smile:  It's something we all do and seems to be more fun than using the simulator.

Best regards,

Jim

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM

I have no idea Jim - thought I would throw that out there - I coudnt believe it when I figured it out - does make sense - not sure if its a LC issue only on my end - need to see if anyone else is seeing this

I have no Orbx installed & this is my 2nd error I've gotten with g2d.dll

Capt. Bill Brewer    

:p0503: 

Orbx has nothing to do with the g2d.dll.  Maybe the g3D.dll, but not the g2d.dll.

Best regards,

Jim

Topic locked.  If you have a related CTD, please start a new topic as it gets confusing trying to fix issues with several CTD's from several others in one topic.

Submit News to AVSIM