Sign in to follow this  
vonmar

Maddog install / key

I had to reinstall Win7

I installed FS9.1 ok

Maddog installed but I got a message saying .. The registration program was not able to contact the server.

So, I sent an e-mail to support@flythemaddog.com using my purchased e-mail account (Comcast.net):

In the e-mail I included:
My Purchase e-mail address.
My Purchase Code from SimMarket receipt.
The Serial Number (This is the number shown in the Load Manager & Setup application from the Maddog registration screen).

So far no reply from Maddog.

Is it still possible to get a new Enable key ?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe I'm missing a trick here but what's the point of getting a new enable key if you cannot contact their server?  BTW, I don't have MadDog myself.

Dijvid

When Maddog installs you get a screen that shows a computer generated number which is unique to that PC.

Then you select a "Register" button and it should go get the "Enable" key while you are on line. Basically, fully automated as I understand it.

But their server is not working. So you cannt get the enable key on line.

When that happens you are supposed to send an e-mail to them with one number from the SimMarket receipt (like a proof of purchase) and the computer generated number from your Maddog install / setup screen.

Then they say you will get a return e-mail with the "enable" key which you copy and paste into their registration screen.

Now you can use the Maddog aircraft.

Thanks for explaining this - I didn't know about this before.

It's this sort of thing that has turned me totally against purchasing software that allows a third party to control my access to its use.  There have been two occasions where the use of sim software I purchased has been denied to me and not because of any hint of piracy - I'm absolutely against that - but these have been two occasions too many.  All my software now either does not require any activation or else I have found [non-pirating] ways to circumvent this.

Dijvid

I got an e-mail reply from Maddog today.

His Server is now back up and registering (during final installation step) the Maddog product (SimMarket purchase, in my case) properly.

It's this sort of thing that has turned me totally against purchasing software that allows a third party to control my access to its use.

Yep, completely agree. I run games from the 1990's today. If these types of measures were around for those games I certainly wouldn't be playing them now because most of the companies/developers would have long gone. I might still be running FS2004 in 2030, who knows??? If I do, I want to be able to run in my 2030 sim what I am currently running in 2016.

I got an e-mail reply from Maddog today.

His Server is now back up and registering (during final installation step) the Maddog product (SimMarket purchase, in my case) properly.

Great news!  Well done!

Dijvid

Yep, completely agree. I run games from the 1990's today. If these types of measures were around for those games I certainly wouldn't be playing them now because most of the companies/developers would have long gone. I might still be running FS2004 in 2030, who knows??? If I do, I want to be able to run in my 2030 sim what I am currently running in 2016.

Great to know that there's someone else who feels the same as me.  But if I live to 2030 I'll be 87 and I'm not sure I'd still be allowed to fly then :P

Dijvid