Sign in to follow this  
pcartier1960

Thrustmaster Warthog Problem

Maybe someone could help, when I move my throttle (Warthog) only the DC-6 Lever Eng 1 and 2 (right and left) move, Lever Eng 3 and 4 don't move, shouldn't all 4 levers move together?  

-Paul Cartier

- Paul Cartier

Maybe someone could help, when I move my throttle (Warthog) only the DC-6 Lever Eng 1 and 2 (right and left) move, Lever Eng 3 and 4 don't move, shouldn't all 4 levers move together?  

-Paul Cartier

What are your throttle assignments?

Thanks guys, I tried the above multi throttle plugin but that did not seem to work. any one flying this with a warthog? 

Paul Cartier

- Paul Cartier

Hi Paul,

I fly with the Warthog and have my right throttle lever mapped as "Throttle" in the x-plane axis mapping. Works fine and all in game throttles work fine in sync with the one Warthog throttle lever.

Make sure that no other controls are mapped as throttles/

X-Plane doesn't seem to have the ability to map 1 and 2 to 3 and 4, such as FSUIPC does in P3D / FSX.  The chap above me is correct i think, you'll need to map the hardware to the single throttle function rather than throttle 1 and 2.

Ian R Tyldesley

Of course assigning "throttle" (without index) to one axis of the warthog will work. But using the plugin above (given that it works as advertised) will have the advantage of controlling both sides independently. This is of course not necessary for normal ops, but in some cases it can come in handy being able to at least controll left and right engines indepenently (engine failures, narrow turn radii during taxi etc.)

Of course assigning "throttle" (without index) to one axis of the warthog will work. But using the plugin above (given that it works as advertised) will have the advantage of controlling both sides independently. This is of course not necessary for normal ops, but in some cases it can come in handy being able to at least controll left and right engines indepenently (engine failures, narrow turn radii during taxi etc.)

I tried that plugin and it works as advertised. However, I fly multiple aircraft, many of which are single or dual engine, and it is a pain to remap the throttle each time you switch aircraft.

Mapping to a single throttle axis is the simplest approach.

Thanks for all of your solutions! I think mapping to a single throttle axis will do the trick.

Exactly.  I was told that this is a XPL limitation for now.  I use the little mechanical link between throttles to gang them together.  By the way, the Thrustmast HOTAS has plenty of buttons to assign to the custom PMDG button/key mappings. I took full advantage of this feature.

Dan Downs KCRP

I tried that plugin and it works as advertised. However, I fly multiple aircraft, many of which are single or dual engine, and it is a pain to remap the throttle each time you switch aircraft.

Have a look at X-Assign. It can save axis and button configurations for individual aircraft and automatically loads them when changing aircraft. An invaluable plugin!

• Upvote 1

. "Of course assigning "throttle" (without index) to one axis of the warthog will work"

Where is this done?  it seems if I assign one lever to throttle then just one engine lever moves.

- Paul Cartier

. "Of course assigning "throttle" (without index) to one axis of the warthog will work"

Where is this done?  it seems if I assign one lever to throttle then just one engine lever moves.

Assign throttle with no number after it to one of your levers.