Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Exclude file and OB9EURW1.BGL

I tried to make an exclude to get rid of default scenery at LSGG (Geneva), but it didn't work. Turns out the buildings are contained in OB9EURW1.BGL (EurW). Is there any way to get an exclude to work on this file? I used ADE9x to make the exclude/ALL, covering the whole airport, but the default buildings are still there.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try eventually ExcBuilder. I get best results with deleting everything in default Afcad and saved it as AF2_xxxxx_exclude. But I'm using Instant Scenery. BTW, this tool also allows to delete objects inciuded in those files like OB9EURW1.BGL.

Hi. Does an exclude made with ExcBuilder work 'better' in some way than one made with ADE? How come? I'd assumed the other way round if anything.. Thanks.

As said, you have to try. Excluding rectangles are often too  summary and delete autogen objects unnecessarily. That's why I use the Afcad method.

It's also important of course that flattens and excludes have the right priority. I have two extra scenery folders, Low and High Priority, the former towards the bottom of the scenery library, the latter almost at the top. Then, for example, exclude bgl files that delete everything when placed in the airport scenery folder may work fine when moved to the low priority scenery folder instead. And similarly with the high priority folder - bgl files that have no effect may work when moved to a high priority folder. You can also prefix the file name with 000_ or ZZZ_, to alter the order in which files are read (alphabetically) - at least that's what I have understood from reading various threads on the subject over the years.

In the above case, that didn't help, but it often does and having had this little system for several years, I have dozens of bgl files in both folders.

Yes, I have a few 'dummy' AFCAD files too, but haven't tried that with this example as yet.