Sign in to follow this  
whiteter

Unresponsive flight controls

Hi all,

I am hoping to get some advice here on a very frustrating issue.

Whilst flying over any large mass of water my aircraft starts to fly of course whilst on autopilot. Disconnect the autopilot and try to manually fly the plane and the control surfaces are unresponsive and the plane ultimately crashes into the sea.

The above issue has occurred on flights between Europe and the Americas, Middle East and the Americas, Africa and the Middle East.

The strange thing that has me baffled is that I can easily do a flight from the Middle East to Australia with no problem, although I am always within a few hundred miles of land.

I am pretty sure that this is not a computer hardware issue as I have a pretty robust high end machine with all the latest updates.

Please help, anyone.

Terence white

Welcome to AVSIM,

Number 1. Make sure you never forget to take a parachute and life jacket with you wherever you fly!!!

Seriously, What flight sim platform are you using, operating system and type of controls? We will try to help.

Kind regards,

Haha,

Okay FSX, Windows 7 64bit and Thrust master hotas controls

When the problem happens, what is annunciated on the FMA?  Hint, the top of the PFD that tells you what the black boxes are doing.

Dan Downs KCRP