Sign in to follow this  
keithb77

Cannot buy steam bundle containing FSX if own FSX-SE

I'm trying to buy the adventure bundle but as it contains FSX itself which I already have, Steam wont let me.

The only option appears to buy it as a gift for someone else - but I think that means gifting the whole bundle, not just FSX.

Anyone have experience of this and know a workaround?
Cheers

Keith

Keith, that tie-up too, put me off. Why would I want a sim I already have?.

The bundle with FSX is a lot cheaper than the bundle without in this case...Steam sales often defy logic...

Cheers

Keith

Steam wont let me.

Could you specify that a bit more?

Usually Steam just tells you that you already own a copy and that you will not get additional copies. But other than that it should work without problems.

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

Initially that is what it says...but when I get to the payment page it just says purchase not allowed.

Your account already owns some of the above items, so you can’t purchase them again. You can purchase these items as a gift or adjust the contents of your cart to continue.

I'm wondering if the bundle is to encourage purchase of FSX, and thus there is no benefit in allowing existing owners to purchase it...

Edit...checking my emails I see that one of my failed attempts to purchase actually worked - so I got an error message in the browser but the transaction succeeded...and subsequent attempts to purchase were rightly rejected.

This only went unnoticed as due to moving house I only got proper internet access this afternoon and was trying to use a hotspot before..now I'm on my games PC and can see purchased content all is well.

So apologies for wasting everyones time!

CHeers

Keith