Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

failed scenery loading

hi

I'm newish to Xplane,although I've had it on my pc for a while i've not done much with it.Thanks to pmdg I've decided to give it a good look and try So I ve downloaded and installed a few freeware things and installed them.all of which seem to be fine as I've had no error messages until now.

I downloaded w2xp europe and installed it but on loadeing i got the error message that it could not find a car from the package  I checked the  opensceneryx library and the car mentioned is indeed missing but the sim loads ok and that was the only error I was getting.

i then downloaded the latest world models from simheaven and installed it over the top of my exsisting world models and ran the sim again once for the install and then a second time to change the order.

I then copied the missing folder of the cars to the path that it said it could not find and then ran the sim again.but now it will not even load the Europe w2xp scenery and the log says it cant find any of the objects folders

They are all there in the custom scenery library but I have no idea why it will not work.

Can someone suggest any ideas ?

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Not saying this is the issue, but in the past I have had trouble with certain scenery libraries.  What I found was some which come zipped/compressed end up adding a sub folder (meaning when you unzip you get folder sceneryXYZ - > then inside that folder Scenery XYZ -> before getting to the actual files.  Depending how it was coded for x-plane, if you put the top folder in the scenery folder in x-plane you will have issues.  You need to go down one level in the uncompressed sub folders and drag that one to the x-plane scenery folder.

Brendan