Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Problem reactivating the NGX after re-installing my PC

I already created a PMDG support ticket but thought I would ask in here as well. Maybe someone else experienced the same thing and knows how to fix it.

Due to a nasty bug in an add-on product corrupting part of my Windows installation I was forced to reinstall my PC from scratch but now after having reinstalled Windows, P3D and the NGX I don't get a chance to enter the license/product key for the NGX. Normally you get this dialogue where you're supposed to enter your license information. I did deactivate the NGX license before I wiped my PC and same goes for the P3D license.

I'm on Windows 10 Pro and using Prepar3D_v3_Professional_3.3.5.17625.

and the NGX I don't get a chance to enter the license/product key for the NGX

Reinstall the SimConnect files that the readme contained in the ZIP file directs you to install.

Was that due to the Split X software Richard?  It is very disconcerting to suddenly realise that a simple uninstaller routine can wreak so much havoc!!

Yep, that's the one David and I couldn't agree more and this will make me even more careful to always keep a couple of full image backups going forward.