Sign in to follow this  
magicmike

fsx long pause

I am having a problem with my installation of fsx sp2. when I start fsx and try to select an aircraft or an airport , it hangs for about a minute or two then it loads the plane or airport selected. Is there any way to fix this problem or does anyone else experienced this problem and what did you do to fix it??? Any tip or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

P.S. this only happens when  fsx is initially started and any other time afterwards I don't have this problem.

Probably normal.  It takes time to sort through everything, especially if you have lots of aircraft and sceneries.

Under Main in your FSX CFG put DisablePreload=1     with this you wont get the lag with the interface,  when you start the scenario it will pause at 6% for awhile longer than usual. If it works for you fine if not just remove it. Some here swear by it and others don't.   I think this is documented in one of the guides around here.  Josh