Sign in to follow this  
luke97

No smoke puffs on Bluebell XL AI aircraft

Hi all,

I´m using X-Life and World Traffic for AI traffic (both latest versions), with the great Bluebell XL aircraft models,  and I´ve noticed that never I´ve seen the classic smoke puff on thouch down when landing.

I know this fx is related to cloud textures, and I´ve increased the number of puffs to 100% but still no smoke. For textures, I use Skymaxx 3.2 with Weather Connector.

I´ve checked every .obj of the Bluebell aircraft models, and they show the smoke lines, so they should show the puffs on t/d.

As an real life avid aircraft spotter, I really miss the effect on XP.

No puffs on 10.45 and also not in 10.50 b4. All effects, all details, all scenery at maxium.

I will appreciate any help with this, or any tips. Maybe I´ve doing something wrong. I keep investigating.

Tnx in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Skymaxx disables the default clouds when it is running. Try disabling Skymaxx, if the the tire smoke returns then you should file a bug with the Skymaxx guys.

I think there are no touch down smoke on X-Life, only in World Traffic but maybe I'm wrong.

For sure I can see them with WT v2 and SkyMaxx, not always because the animation trigger does not work everytime.

Hi, I tested removing both Skymaxx and Weather Connector (I deleted both plugin folders), and nothing. Also tried different weather conditions, tryind to find out if maybe the effects are "wet" or "dry" surface dependent. Again, nothing happens.

Both X-Life and WT use the same Bluebell aircraft models (for X-Life you need to update to 1.1 version, at least) so they should hace the same fx and the same "triggers" to show the effect.

I will try to post the same info in Jardesign forums. Maybe someone noticed that too.

Tnx!