Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Russia scenery help

At a Russian flight simulation website there is new scenery for Salekhard airport in Russia (USDD). I installed the scenery but all the taxiways and the parking aprons are missing textures and the runway is missing some textures too. I was wondering if anyone else has this scenery and if you have missing textures also? Does anyone know what I am missing? I translated the instructions using Google and it didn't say I needed to download anything else, so I don't know why I am missing textures.

Also the author made scenery for USTR, UNOO, USRO, and USMM and they all work fine.

(The file name for the scenery is 59189-USDD.zip)

Wow Joseph you are treading rarified territory...

Looking at the comments on the website I'd say there will be some updates in the near future to address various issues.

Did you try copying over likely-looking textures from the author's other sceneries?

I did translate those comments so I can read them (I don't know Russian) and I didn't see anyone else mention missing textures.

I did try and look for textures from his other sceneries, but I am not really sure what files I would be looking for.

Hi Joseph,

the scenery is fine but it seems the author has packed his archive incorrect in some aspects:

- the package contains a folder "USDD\Addon scenery\USDD_LC". Instead of another "scenery" folder, this folder contains bgl files. I think you already have corrected this, as only with this correction the USDD_LC can be activated as scenery.

- and now the real problem: This folder USDD_LC contains no textures. But obviously, some files require textures from the "USDD\Addon scenery\USDD\texture" folder. It seems, although named USDD_LC, that the folder contains no real landclass as one may think.

What I did: I moved the bgl files from "USDD\Addon scenery\USDD_LC" to "USDD\Addon scenery\USDD\scenery". And voilà, the apron showed up. And I couldn't find any malfunction after doing so until now. (With exception of the "problem" that some of the heliports delivered with the SBAI Mi-8 package don't fit the new scenery and have to be corrected.)

USDD_zpsezua0nql.jpg

Good luck!

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thank you Geyer. That did the trick. I didn't bother looking in the landclass folder because I just assumed it was landclass files.

Geyer, maybe you know this, in the download there is a folder with tree textures in them. Do you know what they are? All of the tree textures have the same name (trees_bu_artem_su.bmp)

The new scenery is pretty good! It even has a near by heliport (USDL)

Nice that it worked for you.

I don't know for sure, but I think that the tree textures provide a seasonal change (one of them are snow covered).

And the conclusion: without the talented developers from Russia, our virtual sim world would be much poorer.

(Btw, please call me Harald, I use to write my first name first...)

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

You've confused us with the Mehlin discussion... from now on we shall call you Geyer Harald!  :smile: