Sign in to follow this  
Guest panda234

argh, sorry Tom, but we need....

Guest panda234

a section for flight replays. I just checked out the replay utility by Matthias Neusinger and it is so so cool. Can you imagine some of the stuff that will be in there? Zero Zero Zero whatever and we're coming in, hehe, that's us. Let's do it. billg

I agree. That would be awesome and also a great learning experience for beginners and pros alike.

Guest william273

what is this you're talking about? a possible area and a way, where we can somehow upload/download videos? i have no idea how to make videos except for the recordings you can make in FS and i'm sure you're not talking about something that could be that simple and easy enough for alot of us to do. to be able to make a video using the FS recorder and upload them. yes! please tell that is what you're talking about. william

Guest william273

thanks owen. just saw the main thread on this. looks good! thanks for the link. gone. william

Guest panda234

yeah William, with Neusinger's addon it is that easy. billg

Good idea man.JimCYWG

Guest william273

thanks bill. good news indeed. william

What size are these video files?These forums have a limit of 150kb for images, presumably to protect both server space and bandwidth. It's implied that the system will automatically reject larger files. If the video files are significantly bigger, there would be pratical reasons for not permitting them to be uploaded.

Personally I don't see those things belonging in the database at all, unless they have for example educational value (and come with documentation etc.) in which case there'll be a place to fit them.

Guest Arlei

Hi all,I think it is a good idea but you have to notice that this module does not record the actual video card memory. It is not a real video (like .mpg or wmv). This module records the flight parameters such as speed, bank angle, angle of attack and so on.So, the same aircraft that was used during the recording should be used when playing back. Using another aircraft on the ground will probably result in the wheels floating above the ground (or sinking into the ground). And if you play a 747 record using a cessna, probably you will receive a overstress.You can use other scenery but you may have the aircraft taxing, landing or taking off in the grass if the runways are not in the same position.Just to make sure.Anyway, nice idea !!!Regards,

Guest OneTinSoldier

I don't necessarily think he meant a database/file section. I tend to think he meant a forum section. Similar to the screenshot section, you would post your file like a screenshot file only it would be a downloadable .zip file instead of an embedded .jpg, people can then download it and view it, then there could be conversation about it via replies in the thread.billg, is that what you are suggesting? If so, I think it's really a very good idea. :) Of course, we could do this right here and now in this section of the forum, but perhaps a dedicated forum section(like the screenshot section is) would be better indeed.Cheers,OneTinSoldier

Guest Dasher7

Hi there,Well, I think you could just state the exact title of the aircraft used during recording, - all the downloader would have to do was name the closest ac in the hangar to that name. Would be pretty close to original recording, I'd imagine. Am I correct?I think it is a great idea to have a forum for such files, mostly just to display eg. a difficult approach flown the correct way. That could well be valuable to other simmers, although I too would fear that the file section would quickly become cluttered, though that's just speculation on my part.-Dasher7