Sign in to follow this  
ZKOKQ

High CPU Usage. Found The Culprit

In P3D, I noticed that my CPU usage was very high, and was getting occasional Windows crash dumps when flying. I noticed in the event viewer 2 apps running that were listed as crashing and errors were as long as my arm.

The 2 offenders were SkypeHost and Homegroup.

Now, this is the Skype that comes with W10, not the actual Skype downloaded version. As I don't use Skype, I uninstalled it, and disabled Homegroup.  (I network the old fashioned way )

Now you can't disable Skype, not even in Services, as it will re enable after a period of time.

My HDD has never been so quiet. Instructions for removal in the link

http://appuals.com/skypehost-exe-on-windows-10/

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for that heads-up, Julian. Fortunately I had it removed a long while back after an IT mag you may be familiar with Computer Active, published a feature how to trim W10 of its bloatware.

Cheers Rick. Yes, I should have read that mag. That Skypehost.exe is really nasty bit of bloatware, and homegroup is just as bad.

Hi Julian. Look for a utility called Windows 10 Wizard(via CA). It will help you control what Win10 sends back and other features too.

Hi Julian. Look for a utility called Windows 10 Wizard(via CA). It will help you control what Win10 sends back and other features too.

Will do. Thanks my friend.

Got it http://www.ghacks.net/2016/02/12/win10-wizard-is-a-windows-10-upgrade-assistant/

Well Done, Julian. That's it. Now wish I had put a bet at the very outset on Wales getting to the Euro2016 S/Fs