Sign in to follow this  
Constantine

Recommended set-up for FS9

What was changed on your system when this happened? From what I read it appeared it was only your graphic drivers?

Mark Daniels

Hi Chaps sorry for late reply I haven't done Screenshots before could anyone give me an idiot's guide to screenshots and thereafter how to upload them onto this topic please

Very Many Thanks !

27830519933_8e80e39eff_z.jpg14th July 2016 Pic 6 Mega Airport Barcelona by Richard Coombs, on Flickr

27830519933_8e80e39eff_m.jpg14th July 2016 Pic 6 Mega Airport Barcelona by Richard Coombs, on Flickr

27830513953_381440dfaa_m.jpg14th July 2016 Pic 3 Mega Airport Heathrow by Richard Coombs, on Flickr

27830511283_91738bd52a_m.jpg14th July 2016 Pic 2 Mega Airport Barcelona by Richard Coombs, on Flickr

27830510083_5eafe0b06d_m.jpg14th July 2016 Pic 7 Mega Airport Munich by Richard Coombs, on Flickr

28341575662_e252c9e346_m.jpg14th July 2016 Pic 1 Mega Airport Frankfurt by Richard Coombs, on Flickr

27830517193_140f144d0f_m.jpg14th July 2016 Pic 4 Mega Airport Paris Charles De Gaulle by Richard Coombs, on Flickr

Hello A32xx

Thank you very much indeed, these are the sorry images of what should look like Mega Airport sceneries which now resemble more the fs9 default airports, now they have lost that realistic appearance appearing more like detailess blocks. I can obviously make changes to colour resolution etc from within my NVDIA Control panel or FS9 Display-Hardware section but that doesnt really restore the scenery to that what wed expect from the highly detailed Mega Airport downloads. In my FS9 the available display resolution im using is 160x1024x32 which gives the image I can attain at present  and using MIP 4 with Hardware rendering 8 and Filtering Trilinear, its so difficult trying to explain, but if we compare these images to the Mega Airports I hope you can see there is very little resemblance, I would be most grateful for your impressions, as I wrote when we communicated before recently Ive had the computer initialized tried various tweaks resolutions etc; but nothing seems to rectify the situation.

Any advice most appreciated and again thank you for your kind support !

Hi Richard, well done with the screenshots! I think I see what you mean - the buildings have 'flat' colours with no 'photoreal' appearance except for the glazed sections. Mine are the same, it's the way the textures have been created and nothing to do with graphics settings. The only thing which may make a difference is setting your display settings as shown below, I have everything on and at 100% where possible:

Capture_zpsinmtlixa.jpg

These settings still give me very similar results to yours at Barcelona:

LEBL1_zpsghqzsytv.jpg

LEBL2_zpsihlqc70c.jpg

LEBL3_zpstx3nvfra.jpg

LEBL4_zpsdcsri0ya.jpg

Hi thank you again, my settings are much the same, think i've tried every ccmbination but nothing restores them to the way they were purchased and i've used for a couple of years, Barcelona Aerosoft was such a great Airport with great photreal scenery so too Frankfurt which now looks a joke, resembling a a cartoon, so disappointing, felt sure it must have been a resolution problem, when you say the way the textures have been created why do you think they are so dramatically different than originally?  I thought about a new computer and a W10 upgrade but that seems a nightmare from what i've read, I downloaded my airports from Simarket would purchasing new airports with less texture wear & tear as mine be advisable?

Anyway thank you for taking the time out once again much appreciated!

Hi could I just add i've just discovered I have no Shader file or cache I wonder if this would contribute to this problem?

There is nothing on Graphics in my FS9 Cfg  file for shader and also  when i  check Computer-Local Disc C- User -User name- Local  there should be a shader cache located but I have nothing.  I wonder if anyone can advise what I should do/input to rectify

Thank You

Richard

Hi Richard,

I don't have anything definitive but I had a thought when I read this:

"This has been running well for a long time with my FS9 but for some unknown reason now my scenery has lost all realistic detail appears a little to bright and most upsetting is the ad-on scenery just looks so unrealistic like a cartoon with buildings looking more like blocks totally different for what are quite expensive mega airports from aerosoft/Flytampa etc

I had my system initialized and was told my drivers and graphic card were okay, but i'm really confused what I need to amend to restore the scenery textures to their initial downloaded state."

Perhaps the monitor settings were somehow changed.  I haven't thoroughly read the posts but didn't see this mentioned.

Jim F.