Sign in to follow this  
Guest jennifer

C 130 - What's Up With The Sounds

Almost unbearable loopy. Does anyone have a link to replacement sounds. The horrible sound makes this bird unbearable. ricardo

Guest JIMJAM

Give ne your email and I have a drop in replacement. I used FSstudio and picked through a library of sounds and I thinks its pretty good.

Guest JIMJAM

hMMM Its telling me I cannot snd a file larger than 16 megs.Let me try and figure this out.

Very kind of you, but I think by the end of the day you'll have 4,000 requests for this replacement sound set. You'll be sending out emails until thanksgiving. Could you upload it somewhere, so we can all benefit without causing you endless work. Please also include instructions on where to drop these files. thanksricardo

Guest JIMJAM

ok f16 driver Im sending you a zip. just use this to replace the sound folder that has all the sound files. The others just link to the main one.Im still working on a better reverse sound. For some reason the upload is taking forever. Let me know what you think.

Could you send me the zip as well?rsamuel66 at yahoo.comWhat do you mean by "the others just link to the main one."Thanks!ricardo

Guest JIMJAM

Disregard that.Just use this to replace the sound thats already there. Rename the original just in case

Guest JIMJAM

Maybe you guys can help. Im right clicking the file. The using winzip to email it. For some reason its taking 6 minutes to upload it. Im on AOL broadband. Is this normal for a zipped 16 meg file? Any ideas on how to speed this up?

Not an expert on this, but 6 minutes doesn't seem all that unusual for a fairly large file. Are you getting any error messages?ricardo

Guest JIMJAM

The sounds were mixed with external speakers in mind.In other words crank it up. The gear and flaps were changed and lowered to sound more realistic in the cabin with head gear on.These can be easily raised if needed.The reversers besides throwing the generators off line seem really slow to kick in. Anyways gotta be better than the stock sounds.

Guest firehawk44

I downloaded "alphac130newsound.zip" by FS Sound Design Group from the AVSIM Library and they are very good. I agree, the sound package that came with the CS130 are poor. You can also do a search using C-130 as your keyword and goto FS2004 Sounds in the Library.Jim

I got your sounds. thanks. Tried them out: very nice. A major improvement over the originals, which drove me nuts.ricardo