Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Download Win 10 NVIDIA driver how to choose correct version?

I am running WIN 10 Pro and am still with the original NVIDIA GTX 580 driver that was downloaded automatically when I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I want to install version 368.22 which seems to work well for others based on input on this forum. Somebody said the current driver caused frame rate drops. That is an older driver though so I cannot download it using the GEOFORCE Experience and when I try do pull it up from NIVDIA manual download site there is no dropdown for Windows 10 to help choose a driver, only Windows 7, 8, 8.1. I find that hard to believe that Windows 10 is not listed on the dropdown but such as it is, which driver should I choose? 8.1 64 bit?

Why would they list every operating system but not Windows 10 when its been out for one year?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark

I tend to get my drivers off Guru3D - Here's the one you are looking for; http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/geforce_368_22_whql_driver_download.html

Links are at the bottom. I find the very latest driver, 368.69, very smooth and stable with P3D however.

I also suggest you use DDU to properly clean up after the automatic driver installation. That also tends to install all the 3D junk and whatnot; http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Why not just go to Nvidia Driver downloads and pick one?  Select Win10 64bit, pick a Product series (500-900 it really doesn't matter as the download is going to be the same either way.) 

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

You'll be given a selection of about 18-20 different sets.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Dave,

OK now I know what the problem was. I went to the NVIDIA website and chose GEOFORCE drivers, not all NVIDIA drivers.

The GEOFORCE drivers link does not include Windows 1o drivers for some reason.

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark