Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Pilot

V3.3 default frame rate.

Has anyone else noticed that the default frame rate on v3.3 is 20?

I was taught years ago that the best frame rate was 1/2 of your monitor's refresh rate so I keep my frame rate locked at 30.

I fly with Orbx scenery set to their high-end computer settings and achieve 29+ frame rates without stutters and smooth aircraft handling, even when flying into KSEA.

I never understood the Great Frame Rate Chase,  I guess it is because I fly low at slower speeds so that I can enjoy the scenery that I have spent so much money on.

Instead of spending my time tweaking for frame rates I spend it on improving aircraft and controller handling.

Have you ever taken the time to tweak your Joystick?  You will be amazed at the difference it makes.

Dale

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think all the ESP based sims default to 20fps, I can't remember before that. I think it was set that way, as historically it was a good starting frame rate that most could attain (using the other default settings) and give a consistent experience; hardware moving on means most can push much higher these days. I always set mine at 30 and forget about it, and I really do try and forget about it, setting all text to off, so shift+Z does not work.

Have you ever taken the time to tweak your Joystick?  You will be amazed at the difference it makes.

Dale

I'm not aware It's possible. Maybe you can advise?

Dale

Can you elaborate on this Dale?

The best tool is FSUIPC because it allows you to have precise aircraft specific settings or you can watch 

for a how to video.

Google "Calibrate Flight Sim Joystick"  for more information.

Dale

• Upvote 1