Sign in to follow this  
mokeiko

Voice opens other apps

Hi,

I'm running FS2CREW for the Q400. Sometimes when I speak, I see other apps respond and open. A few times P3d asked if I wanted to shut down the sim. Last night my mouse was unusable and I couldn't shut down my PC. My voice must have triggered a command to disable the mouse completely. I run the following:

Windows10

Q400

FS2CREW

USB Headset

I'm sure there's a setting I missed somewhere when setting up the voice and/or headset.

Thanks for any help

Fly safe

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

This is an easy one.

Check out Step 2:

http://www.support.fs2crew.com/help/manuals/#pageid=windows_vista__windows_7_and_windows_81

Make sure the Microsoft Speech Recognition bar is "OFF", otherwise you will also be controlling Windows itself with voice.

Cheers,

Thank you for that Byork.

I have another problem. When I press the preflight button, the timer starts and the FO voice can be heard. But when I don't press the preflight button and use the arrow to get to the "Before start checklist" or any other checklist, the FO's voice does not activate.

Green display line recognizes my voice

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

I am not getting FO voice on either mode now

Francisco Blas

I am not getting FO voice on either mode now

Hello,

What do you mean by either mode: do you mean button and voice versions?

Green display line recognizes my voice

Silly thing, if you use the voice version, make sure the hard mute is not on. Otherwise the speech recognition will get your voice but there will be no action or answer from the FO.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Avec l'avion, nous avons inventé la ligne droite.

St Exupéry, Terre des hommes.

Hi Romain,

I am not getting FO voice on button and voice. Hard mute is off.

I think I may have misconfigured something. It's so confusing setting up the sound portion. My PC motherboard has a built in sound card which I don't use. I have a Sound Blaster PCIe card. My headset is connected to the FlightSound X usb box, this usb box connects to my usb port on the PC. My Asus monitor has speakers as well.

I went into the sound control panel and set up my headset as default as well as the mic, not sure if this is the correct way. Yesterday FS2CREW was working but not 100% probably due to the fact I had the MS speech recognition bar "ON" which brought upon troubles with other apps opening when I spoke. I thought it was a conflict with my Sound Blaster PCIe card so I disabled it. That's when my problems got worse with no FO voice. I'm not sure why it has to do with anything since I configured my headset as default. But then again it might have everything to do with it when I think about it. I will try setting the Sound blaster as default.

FS2Crew is really nice when I got it working a little. I am 99.9% sure it is user error, I will try another flight.

Thanks for your help

Fly safe

Francisco Blas

FS2Crew is really nice when I got it working a little. I am 99.9% sure it is user error, I will try another flight.

Just to clear up a doubt, you cannot hear the FO's voice anymore but is he still performing actions and comply to your commands?

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Yes he is.

Francisco Blas

So I would think of an issue with the sound setting in windows.

I don't have FSX and Fs2crew running for now so I cannot check, but you may have a look at the sound mixer in the windows bar (cannot remember if fs2crew appears here).

You may also try to reenable you Blaster PCIe card to see if it solves your issue.

Also, but I hardly think it may be your issue, check that the volume of the FO in the Fscrew config (in FSX) is up.

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg

Hi Romain,

You are correct, it was a sound settings issue (and user error). I enabled my monitor with built-in speakers as default sound, enabled my headset mic as default recording sound. In the sim, I enable HS button so I could hear FO voice through headset instead of through the monitor. The monitor just plays aircraft sounds.

I was able to complete a short hop using the preflight button. I will try without the button later on.

Thank you for your help

Fly safe

Francisco Blas

You're welcome!

Enjoy!

Romain Roux

204800.pngACH1179.jpg